Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton Airport Transfers - Zurich or Munich?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a trip to St. Anton and want to hear your views on the best way to get to the resort. We will need to catch an early connecting flight home, so we will need to overnight in either Zurich or Munich. Innsbruck is not an option due to connecting flight issues. Also thinking it's best to steer clear of Zurich as it could be a pricey evening. Your thoughts are appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JohnnyC, Not sure if it will help but when I went to St. Anton I used the train service from Zurich to St. Anton and back. It is a really good service. Didn't stay overnight in Zurich though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JohnnyC, Munich Airport -> St.Anton takes about 3h50, Zürich Airport -> St.Anton takes about 2h50. Not so much difference really, except the Zürich train only needs one change, from MUC you have to change twice. You are right though, Zürich is definitely not the cheapest place on the planet to stay.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zurich doesn't need to be expensive. Using the usual Internet sites you can often find cheap hotels especially near to the airport and at weekends. Everything else is extremely expensive in Zurich so maybe have lunch in St Anton before you leave and buy snacks for the evening to take with you. Munich is cheap to eat but hotels wouldn't always be that much cheaper and the airport isn't the best to access via public transport. You would have to change trains at Hauptbahnhof and then need to allow an hour to get to the airport via the S bahn.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The train from Zurich HBF to St Anton takes 2hrs 20mins and is a lovely journey. You can get an Easyjet flight from Luton to Zurich, or a BA flight from Heathrow. Just got back myself from doing this journey, its so easy, there are trains every couple of hours going to Vienna or Budapest, St Anton is on the way with no changes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arlberg Express also offers transfers from ZRH

https://arlbergexpress.com/en/airport-shuttle-service/

Pretty good service, especially if you intend to arrive on a weekend.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did Swiss from Heathrow to Zurich (free ski carriage!) and then the excellent train service to St Anton. All booked online and worked like a dream outbound and inbound.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all.

We are looking at travelling from Munich Airport to St Anton by train on Sat Mar 19.
There will be three of us, all adults. In no real rush on the day.
Can we use the Bavria Ticket for our journey? Looks a great price, €33 in total?

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/prices/germany-regional/bavariaticket.shtml

Or do we need this one, the Schönes-Wochenende Ticket, costing us €48
http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/offers/national/regional/schoenes-wochenende-ticket.shtml

If yes can we buy the ticket at the airport?

On our return (just two of us) we must get to Munich Airport for about 10am. There is no train early enough for us, so we are thinking of a transfer. Are Four Seasons the best option?
https://www.tirol-taxi.at

The other option is car rental, but not sure if we can be dealing with the traffic around Munich and have a fear of missing the return flight!

Regards
Bernard
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bernardo, those tickets only apply to journeys within Bavaria and give you access to 2 stations only in Austria - Salzburg and Kufstein. Neither are anywhere near St Anton I'm afraid.

You could look at the options under Europa-Spezial putting St Anton as your non-German stop. These are special tickets for journeys to countries bordering Germany.

You can book online and print out your ticket or you can buy them at the airport using anyone of the automatic vending machines by the entrance to the S-Bahn in the Central Area of the Terminus. There is also an option to have an E-ticket but make sure your smartphone is fully charged as it will be checked by guard-conductors on the German and Austrian sections. I always print mine out as I don't trust my phone to have enough juice when I need it!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Samerberg Sue

Thanks so much for the reply. Much appreciated.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy