Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK based nanny company Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
UK Nanny Les Carroz
Hi I'm not sure if there is a non-weather related GM page so apols if I have posted this in the wrong place.
I'm off to Les Carroz with the family in March next year (2017) staying in a privately rented chalet and would like the children to be looked after by a UK nanny rather than using the crèche there (although I've heard positive reports about Loupiots) as it is some distance from where we are staying. I've contacted Merinannies who operate out of Samoens but they cannot guarantee that they will have a nanny who drives/will want to drive.
Does anyone know of any other nanny companies serving Les Carroz? I have previously stayed in Morzine which obviously doesn't have this issue with nannies but am so looking forward to my first visit to GM. I just want the childcare to be as stress free as possible.
Children will be age 5 but won't do a whole day of ski school.
Thanks for any advice.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mountaindoc, I can't advise on this I'm afraid, but can't the chalet owners offer any help?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Montana,
Will ask them. I did look at taxis from Samoens to Les Carroz for a nanny but for 6 return journeys this is working out as €600!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not aware of a Nanny company in Les Carroz, there wasn't one when we lived there and I've not heard of one starting up either.

But that doesn't mean one won't as @Montana, says I'd try the chalet owners, who are you staying with?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I realise this doesnt solve your problem for 2017 but for future years this is the reason why we always book austria with the kids (3,5,7) - the ski school is 10-3 (and they take them for lunch with their new friends). No nanny needed, no mad breakfast rush to get them all out for 9am - then we meet them 3pm for a quick family ski) Their skiing develops very quickly this way and you get a little ski together at the end of the day. also a big fan of the heated ski/boot rooms right at the bottom of the slopes which means I dont have to carry any equipment at all and dont have to walk anwyhere in ski boots.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rfb111,
Thanks. I have looked into Austria over the years but struggled to find catered chalet type accommodation (I'm not a fan of hotels or chalet-hotels) that is central to the village. Now that the little ones are not so little it's something we will reconsider and also look to see if there are any self-catering chalets (we self-catered in Morzine this year) which may be more common in Austria than catered chalets. We booked private lessons this year in Morzine at 12:30 (kids had an early lunch) and it was lovely as the nursery slope was completely empty for them so will aim to do similar next year. Thanks for your suggestions and any further help on nannies in LC would be awesome
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mountaindoc, We had a similar conundrum when ours were small. Our solution was simple - we found a skiing nanny in the UK and paid for her to come with us. She got a free holiday (but no pay) and we had a great holiday. Worked well for the kids too as they got to know the nanny before we left the UK.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Carroz is a good choice for a family ski holiday although we have always self catered there. A bonus of the ski school in Les Carroz is that the lessons are 3 hours, longer than most other French resorts. This gives a good bit of time for adult only skiing in the morning. When ours were 5 (in a different resort) we would either have seen if there was an ESF lesson plus lunch option for the kids, or picked them up from ski school, had a long lunch up the mountain and skied with them in the afternoon, spending longer out each day as they got more proficient. There is a new pool in Les Carroz which might be a nice option for late afternoon if you don't have a pool at your accommodation.

I'm afraid I can't help on English nannies.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mountaindoc, you could try this chalet co in les carroz, who may be able to help

http://www.360sunandski.com/en/Family-skiing-and-summer-holidays-in-the-mountains-of-France-all-year-round.html

http://www.360sunandski.com/en/Ski-Holiday-ChildCare.html

Or locally we used the creche Souris Vert many moons ago when my daughter was tiny (she is now a teen) when they were in the old building, there is now a smart new chalet near fermes de soleil (built on the old crazy golf course!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy