Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend skiing - Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a quick bit of advice if anyone could help me out...

I'm taking a long weekend to Les Arcs over Easter weekend (my job doesn't permit me taking much holiday in the ski season!!) and I just wanted to gather some thoughts on the best and cheapest way to get to and from resort.

I'm going Thursday - Monday. Flying London to Geneva (landing about 3pm) and my return leaves about the same time.

I've looked at hiring cars and I've looked at private transfers but does anyone have an alternative idea that they could put forward?
I realise the dates I've chosen make for an extortionately priced weekend, but any help to keep the cost down would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you fixed on Les Arcs? There are resorts much closer to Geneva that are likely to be much easier (and quicker) to get to.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I'm going to Les Arcs for the snow record, considering the time of year I am going.
I also get a good deal on hotels/lift passes through a friend!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flying my in-laws into Geneva then the train (SNCF) to bourg, £25 each, Easy, the only hard part for me is driving them up to Sainte foy and spending three days with them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LarsYEAH, plenty of places with a snow record at least as good as Les Arcs....

For transfers, take the bus. About €106 for the round trip.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stevomcd - Where can I find details of the bus? A quick google search only brings me private bus transfers. Thanks!!

Noakes - how long is the train taking? About 4 hours? Sounds like a good option don't know why I didn't think of that before. Skiing in Sainte Foy should never be the 'hard part'!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, its not skiing thats the hard part!!! Train journey is 3.5 hrs with one stop and there was plenty of departure times...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Lars. I live in Arcs 2000 and normally use the public bus, Altibus. You can book online and was €110 return last year. Normally a few buses per day and it is direct to Moutiers, Aime then Bourg St Maurice. Takes about 2.5 hrs and is much better than the train. If you contact the Coolbus by phone, you might be able to get a single with them for a similar price and they will take you up the mountain. You might be pushing it to get the last funicular if you land at 3pm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, think I'll go with the Altibus.
It's 144 this year return but still much better than me hiring a car!

Thanks everyone.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My wife caught the train from Geneva airport to Bourg a few weeks ago. She reported that the whole xperience was very pleasnt and would highly reccommend it. I just had a look on the sncf web site and they quote £33 each way (cunning soles are hoping that you didn't notice that it wasn't priced in euros; much like green grocers putting the price of goods in pence per pound to confuse the customer and make them think they are getting a better deal).

When I went out a few days later I hired a car. It was big enougth for 5 and cost just over £100, used very little fuel but a fair bit more on tolls. but that is only really suitable if there are a few of you travelling together.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy