Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beware of Haglofs! Appalling customer service!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else had a bad experience with Haglofs? I recently had a very bad experience with a Haglofs Skra Q Gore-tex ski jacket and pants which wore very badly. To cut a long story short after 3 months they looked like they had 3 seasons wear at least. I live in the Alps and hence have quite a bit of gear so know what is normal wear and tear. The products were washed and reproofed according to manufacturers instructions using nickwax products and I washed the Haglofs jacket and Marmot jacket ( purchased at the same time and same colour) together. After washing the #Marmot jacket was lovely and crisp with that gore-tex rustle. The Haglofs jacket in comparison flapped around like a wet tissue.

Over the next couple of months the Haglofs jacket and pants faded in the sun dramatically and when I fell in deep powder with a kitkat in the pocket, the corners of the kitkat came right through the pocket making 2 holes.

After complaining to Haglofs they asked me to return the jacket for inspection - but they would not uphold my complaint saying that the jacket had seen considerable wear!!!! Which was exactly why I complained because it looked like it did even though I hadn't worn it a lot!

Incredibly that was almost a year ago and they still haven't returned my jacket - so I am now doubly out of pocket -they took my money and kept my jacket.

The set was extremely expensive and I am gutted. I can only conclude from the whole sorry affair that Haglofs have gone the way several other previously technical ski brands have gone - right down punter alley and are now producing fashion items rather than quality outdoor wear.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I fell in deep powder with a kitkat in the pocket, the corners of the kitkat came right through the pocket making 2 holes.

Shocked that's ridiculous. I have a Haglofs soft shell, which seems fine. But I bought a ski jacket shell a couple of years ago which had to go back (to Cotswold Outdoor, not Haglofs) when I found that the armholes were cut so small I couldn't get a thick fleece mid layer underneath it. My shoulders/arms are a very ordinary size - UK size 10 - 12. It was a peculiar cut.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have you approached nestle claiming for the damage the kitkat did to your coat? wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was it a two finger or four finger kit Kat?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did they keep the KitKat as well? If so I would take them to small claims court.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@3Valleys, speak to GoreTex too. That does sound really bad.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am guessing from your use name it was the 4 finger one. I thought you had used a ski resort not a chocolate bar design feature.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had some dealings with Haglofs a few years back, it couldn't have been more different. I had a 3-4 year old Gore-tex shell jacket that the inside pocket seams had come unstuck on, so items were falling out. I asked the UK importer, in Staveley in the Lake District, to take a look with a view to repairing it. They took one look at the hood of the jacket and said they thought that the Gore-tex had delaminated and after a communication with either Gore and or Haglofs they said that I could choose whatever jacket I liked from the range as a replacement. So I got a brand new Spitz II jacket. That was about 4 years ago. As you say things change with these high-end brands as they cut their margins and sell more fashion orientated clothing. I still rate them but probably prefer Arcteryx as a first choice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i always have to take a look at how many posts someone has when i read threads these days.... when someone joins a forum and the first thing they post is an attack on a pretty reputable company i have to ask myself.... are they extracting the Michael??? or is it legit
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Firstly CEM - no I am not taking the michael, far from it. Did I make my first post about this to name and shame them and warn other potential purchasers? Absolutely. Actually it isn't my first post either - just so long since I made one I couldn't remember or find any of my details so re-registered.

In fact, I have always been a big Haglofs fan. I work in the ski industry and have previously bought Haglofs on more than one occasion and it has performed really well. This time it was a different story and the gear was not fit for purpose.

And yes Filthyphil - your original thinking was correct - I live in the 3 Valleys and have done so for 12 years - it wasn't a reference to my four fingered kitkat!

Thanks for the useful comments though - I may well contact Gore-Tex. I was just interested in any other dealings people had had with Haglofs. The initial letter I had from one of their directors asked me to return the jacket to Adventure Peaks in Ambleside where I bought it - he also gave me his word he would deal with the problem and that I shouldn't worry as the jacket had a 3 year guarantee.

It all started to go wrong then and the director at Adventure Peaks said he thought I was 'pushing my luck' by returning the jacket after I had used it!!!! The guarantee clearly wasn't worth the paper it was written on.
As I say beware!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM wrote:
i always have to take a look at how many posts someone has when i read threads these days.... when someone joins a forum and the first thing they post is an attack on a pretty reputable company i have to ask myself.... are they extracting the Michael??? or is it legit

Having a problem as outlined above and looking for other people's experience on the matter seems like a pretty normal and plausible reason for someone to first seek out a forum and sign up to me...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@3Valleys, I have just searched my e mail account. I originally bought a Haglofs Crux Jacket in 2008 from The Climbers Shop in Ambleside, who were great and sent me a proof of pruchase email when I had a problem. My main dealings were with Haglofs UK headquarters then in Staveley in the Lakes. They were the people who organised the new jacket in 2013, 5 years after I bought the original jacket so well outside any 3 year warranty period. Might it be that Adventure Peaks have not forwarded your jacket to Haglofs? The info below is lifted from an Email but not sure if there is a new UK importer since then. Goodluck!
Victoria Crookes
Office Manager
HAGLOFS UK
River Mill, Staveley Mill Yard, Staveley, Cumbria, LA8 9LR

Tel: 01539 822595
Fax: 01539 825244
E-mail: victoria.crookes@haglofs.co.uk
Internet: www.haglofs.com
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just done a quick search and they are still in Staveley a bit far to visit from the 3V but well worth a trip up there if you are back in the UK anytime. There's a brilliant bike shop on the same industrial estate.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@3Valleys, as you have been on the forum for some time then you would understand how it looks

new person registers and complains about a very reputable company, in all my years in the industry i can't think of a bad thing i have heard about Haglofs, even people on this thread are saying how good their customer service is.... have you ever stopped to think.... am i approaching this in the correct way?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy