Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are K2 apache crossfire skis to stiff for me

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I skied a couple of weeks ago after a 3yr layoff, having had two hips replaced in the intervening years, I found it hard going. I am 70yrs old, weigh 10st 4lb (144 lb), height 5ft 6in and ski mainly blues and reds with occasional blacks but not particularly aggressively. I was skiing on the K2's above. Someone who seemed to know what he was talking about made the comment that the skis were probably too stiff for me, so when I go for another ski trip in a weeks time I decided to rent and try alternative skis from a hire shop (Ski republic in Meribel Mottaret) My question is are the K2's too stiff and if so what ski should I be looking to hire, I have already preordered next to top of the range skis but I would like to ensure I get a ski suited to me and that doesn't always happen unless you have got some idea what to ask for. So suggestions would be most welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brigand, how long were they? Also I don't think they're particularly new skis?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are
153cm and yes they are several years old
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@brigand, crikey.

Umm. OK. interesting.

I think the skis might have been somewhat shot.

Ski republic is cheap. I have no experience of them. I would maybe consider a better (?) hire shop and get a. definitely well maintained skis and b. something that they suggest are easy. It is of course always possible that you were over powering them. I'm around your dimensions but I'm not your average skier so don't take my opinion as gospel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Crossfire is/was the mens version of the ladies Burnin' Luv which was the stiffest of that line of skis (although they've since done an slightly stiffer Super Burnin' model) & was pretty pokey so yes, it would have been too stiff for a tootler. Try the softer True Luv model or the even softer First Luv.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy