Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beware this online gear company

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This came to me via that newfangled (ten years old!) Twitter thingymebob so am unsure of how to post the link here effectively. Maybe someone else more savvy can fix that.

However, I thought sHs should be aware of the company even if it is US-based. Some may even had previous experience of this operation when it was based in Tignes.

Outside is a very reputable mag and have certainly done their homework.

https://shar.es/14kOaZ

In a world of crowdsourced review sites and marketplaces like Amazon and Ebay, it might seem shocking that a company like 123Mountain could string along angry customers for so long. But the Internet is a double-edged sword.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Big Paua, Your link works fine for me, though I'm aware some servers block short links. Here's the original stripped link: http://www.outsideonline.com/2051821/123-mountain-infuriating-gear-retailer
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crazy read - thanks for sharing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Complete horror story.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The google reviews are great - either 1 star, the real customers that have been scammed/messed around or 5 star, the fake generic reviews.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TNT always sold top of the range gear in Tignes. Not surprised when they went bust as they never seemed to have any customers.
Very good deals when they were selling up (for cash) wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have considerably better consumer protection in the UK than in the USA. If the value of the goods purchased are between £100 and £30,000 and you paid some or all of the bill with your credit card, you can invoke section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and get your money back from your card provider -Which? provides more details - and that's why it's always better to pay directly with a credit card than through Paypal or with a debit card. We also have the Distance Selling Regulations that give you a right to cancel an internet-based transaction.

Together, these regulations mean that the kind of scam operated by 123mountain simply couldn't rip off UK consumers in the same way as happens in the USA. So long as you know your rights, of course - which I'm sure all streetwise snowHeads do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny Jones wrote:
We have considerably better consumer protection in the UK than in the USA. If the value of the goods purchased are between £100 and £30,000 and you paid some or all of the bill with your credit card, you can invoke section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and get your money back from your card provider -Which? provides more details - and that's why it's always better to pay directly with a credit card than through Paypal or with a debit card. We also have the Distance Selling Regulations that give you a right to cancel an internet-based transaction.

Together, these regulations mean that the kind of scam operated by 123mountain simply couldn't rip off UK consumers in the same way as happens in the USA. So long as you know your rights, of course - which I'm sure all streetwise snowHeads do.

Visa also voluntarily operate a similar system for Visa debit cards and the min amount is lower than for a credit card. Though voluntary they can still be reported if making a bad decision to the ombudsman. So although not regulated like credit cards they have a due care (self imposed to their credit, and need commending for this) to refund.
I almost went down this route just recently but a few threats of this and legal action to the online company and they refunded the money which was less than £60 including postage.

If online purchase was before Nov ** 2015 then consumer credit act 1979 if after this date it is the consumer rights act 2015 that applies.

Lastly if returning an online purchase because faulty etc not just because you decide you do bot want it or like the colour it is for the seller to pay for the return postage.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy