Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - Afternoon Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help with some suggestions on getting the most out of an afternoon skiing.

We will arrive into resort somewhere around 12.30 all being good. So are hoping to get an afternoon on the slopes. We are staying in 1800 but wondered if there was a better solution to maximise time.

We have a group that is hiring and some of us with own equipment but was wondering if we can ditch the car and then get on the slopes at the nearest lifts/ticket office or if we are just better driving to the village and going from there. Not familiar with the resort but looks like a few small chairs take you up to the main area from 1800. Could it just be pointless driving up to the main lifts when a chair will be just as quick etc.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have parking in 1800, I would be just getting the lift up, it is pretty quick two chair ride up to centre of resort.

Their is also the option of the free shuttle. The bus will take you round to Bellecote in 10 mins if you want to be on that side.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@therock, You could get the bus up to Plagne centre then the telebus gondola up to Aime 2000 then ski all the way back down to 1800 for free, no need to buy a pass.
You could also get the free yoghurt pots up to Plagne Villages from Plagne Centre and ski back down from there. But that's a bit further to walk through Plagne Centre...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In 1800, you're perfectly positioned to avoid Plagne Centre! Chairs Melezes then Bergerie take you up one way, Plagne 1800 then Golf the other. I've never stayed in 1800, but have lots in Soleil and Aime 2000, and regularly used those lifts to avoid Centre bottlenecks or poling/skating across it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank all, that is useful.

Good to know got some options to ski for free if we arrive late too. Though we have convinced ourselves a half day pass is worth even for a couple of hours, given it costs £40 for 3 hrs in a snowdome.

Had assumed we would find a free parking space in 1800 but looking on google maps not so sure now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the useful info parttimer about the lifts to use/avoid!

therock, my family will also be in 1800 on Feb 17th arriving around 12.30, booked with skifamile. Hoping the coach ride up the windy mountain road isn't too traumatic! I did wonder if we'd have enough time to decamp, collect our kit and head out for a quick ski.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, brilliant advice! Despite staying in Plagne Soleil a fair few years with younger kids, never taken the yoghurt pots so think that is one to tick off this Feb!

@rjstua, although we are in Plagne Villages this time, we are arriving Feb 17th as well but a bit earlier than you and we always ski the Saturdays, it's usually fantastic and well worth it if you can squeeze in the full half day.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What are the yoghurt pots?!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@therock, if you go to the La Plagne website > Discover > Practical > Car Parks there is a pdf showing all the official car parks which you can download and zoom in and out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rjstua, search them, I think they are called telebus but they are small gondolas - really small and 3 together. However they may have recently been upgraded for newer models I believe?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy