Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips on Cervinia, e.g. Lift passes/Ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading off to Cervinia on Saturday, just wondered if anyone can advise whether we should just book passes & skis through the tour company or can we get a better deal in resort?

Thanks Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davej311, all depends on what they are charging I guess.
You'll also have to decide on how often you want to go over to Zermatt as an international weekly ticket costs quite a bit more than the Italian only pass.
An upgrade to an international for a day costs €34.

Rates are here. http://www.cervinia.it/pages/Giornalieri_plurigiornalieri_i_en/465

If you take you ticket back to a ticket office at the end of the week, they will refund you €5.

PS be aware that if the Gondola is not working, the only way back from Zermatt is via 2 very long T bars, the first of which takes over 15mins.
The (otherwise extremely competent) boarder in my group really struggled with these T bars.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, interesting about the gondola. I'd seen that website, are the prices in £ or Euros?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davej311, euros, it's an Italian website.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia wrote:
@davej311, euros, it's an Italian website.

Well I thought so, it's just the numbers seem the same as Inghams were charging in £
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For ski hire, booking via AlpinResorts or SkiSet with the Snow Heads discount is likely to be cheaper than resort prices. Compare the tour co prices to see which is cheapest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is the snowheads discount code please? I've searched, but can't find it Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just click on the links. Whenever anyone types Alpinresorts or skiset, it automatically has a link to the discount.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When I was there best skiing was on the Italian side, but given snow this year the reverse may be true. Prob worth a spin over to see the classic view of the Matterhorn (as the Swiss and the rest of us call it) as opposed to the Italian view of Mt Cervino (I think) as the Italians call it. Italian view not too bad at all.

Personally I think the entire swiss project is disreputable so if you can avoid contributing to it financially all the better. If you do go over turn off your phone and under no circumstances eat over there, the lads got stung like 40 euro for a salad not realising the exchange rate. Great food on piste in Italy and its always very affordable.

Another unfortunate scam is if you buy the international pass allowing you to go into Switzerland you DO NOT get access to the other resorts in the Aosta valley. Whereas if you buy a local pass, which is much cheaper, you can also ski (at least one day if not all the time - check this) in Pila or any of the other resorts in the Aosta valley. This is important as lift closures due to high wind in Cervinia are quite frequent. I was there for four days and bought the international pass at significant expense. Days two and three, and half of day four the entire resort was closed due to high winds (in fairness when I got up for the first half of day four I realized this was entirely justified, winds were absolutely unbelievable). This meant days two and three involved a one hour drive each way to Pila where I then had the indignity of having to buy another pass which would have been free if I had just bought the local pass. This can only be the Swiss' fault I think.

Nice resort though, went back again to use up the free pass and would go again, Italians very relaxed, gentle pistes, great food, great views.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Well I thought so, it's just the numbers seem the same as Inghams were charging in £

You can usually buy it on the transfer bus at the euro price and they will deliver to the accomodation
Quote:

Great food on piste in Italy and its always very affordable.

Espresso is usually a good indicator - 4 francs or 1 euro in Italy
Quote:

Another unfortunate scam is if you buy the international pass allowing you to go into Switzerland you DO NOT get access to the other resorts in the Aosta valley.

Hardly a scam, thats just life you don't always get what you might want. Although if you don't have a car and are only there for a week there is plenty of skiing to be had between zermatt and cervinia....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone know if any of the base lifts in Cervinia are free please?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the one base lift, very low, for beginners - may be free, on the far left, near the river, as you look up the mountain. But things may have changed in the 3 years since we went.
I think that there is more than enough skiing on the Cervinia and connecting Val Tornench ski area...We were there in Easter and being able to pop up to Zurmatt was a bonus to add to the nice runs and a reasonable play area - BUT I didn't find it worth the hassle of going further down, due to the time spent trying to get back...
I didn't find the glacier worth the hassle - the T bars are a nuiscence and not easy to master.
Loved the Italians and the feel of Cervinia, It is cheaper on piste than any French resort & Zurmatt, I would go back.
If Pistes are closed due to weather, it is far easier to gain some refund than any other French resort.
Any piste automatic card will work with their re-charge system, so take along any old 3v, PDS or Le Plagne / Les Arc charge card, it will save you the 5 Euro chage & save returning to the kiosk for your refund.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy