Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which areas hold onto their powder the longest?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi SHs

I'm trying to pick which UCPA centre to go to, hopefully to spend a week off piste. I'm in the early stages of my off piste journey, so am not looking for 45 degree couloirs and cliff jumps, but more gentle, nurturing, terrain.

Areas get skied out so quickly, where would be my best option? Argentiere looks like a great centre, but it's an off piste Mecca. Is all the fresh snow tracked by lunch time? How would that compare to Les Arcs, for instance? Sadly, my first choice, Les Contamines, isn't available the week I can go.

I appreciate that off piste isn't all about powder, but I do feel comfortable in most variable conditions. It all falls apart when I can't see my feet, so I really need some deep snow to practice on!

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eversolazy wrote:

Areas get skied out so quickly, where would be my best option? Argentiere looks like a great centre, but it's an off piste Mecca. Is all the fresh snow tracked by lunch time? How would that compare to Les Arcs, for instance? Sadly, my first choice, Les Contamines, isn't available the week I can go.

I appreciate that off piste isn't all about powder, but I do feel comfortable in most variable conditions. It all falls apart when I can't see my feet, so I really need some deep snow to practice on!

Cheers

as you spotted, book at a UCPA that in not in an off-piste mecca. It is not just a problem of getting skied out but weather too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's the problem, albeit a very first world problem. All the available options are in big resorts which are popular for freeriding... Les Arcs, Espace Killy, Val Thorens etc. I'm sure the guides will know some great spots, and I've no problem with a bit of walking to get to them. However, I'm still emotionally scarred by a trip to Serre Chevalier a few years ago. It had been ages since the last snow, and we spent the entire week in the trees. Our guide found plenty of untracked snow, but it was my first real foray off piste, and I spent the whole time not being able to avoid the trees. I still break out into a cold sweat when I see a larch tree!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Columbia ......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This isn't the Where to Score in a Ski Resort thread. That was very much frowned upon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eversolazy wrote:
This isn't the Where to Score in a Ski Resort thread. That was very much frowned upon.

Why was it frowned on? Sounds more interesting than most threads. Any conclusions made?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lol. I think it was someone trying to buy cocaine in Andorra. It got a similar response to the lap dancers in la saisses thread. I was surprised by the reaction too. You'd think there'd be enough old city boys on here, keen to reminisce about their glory days. (I don't know how to do a smiley wink face with bbcode)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@eversolazy: wink , at bottom of page?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy