Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacing Dalbello toe and heel plates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have some dalbello GW Panterras on which I’d like to switch from GW to the ISO flat plates also supplied - but hidden in one review is ‘I did this and the screw holes stripped out’ - I’ve replaced plenty of toe and heel plates but never have had this problem - and don’t want to start on the Panterras if there’s something inherently problematic with these boots…eg over soft shell material … any experience out there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, if you use a hand screw driver and go easy there is no problem, you certainly don't want to be switching them back and forth though, if you do have any issue a bit of epoxy or 2 part PU into the screw hole and let it harden a bit (not fully) before gently inserting the screw
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Colin - great advice - just the one switch I think and then that's it....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have this exact boot also (orange 130 version), and I have often switched between ISO and GW on them, depending on what ski I will be on. There is absolutely no issues switching these, but do make sure that you:
1: Hit the thread in the but with precision
2: Don’t over-tighten it

Must have switched them +20 times without any troubles.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DanishRider, ...thanks DRider ... I will indeed hit the thread in the but with precision.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy