Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Less worst place for the end of February 2022??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i know, strange title and thanks for looking.
I need a recommendation for the week starting with 26/02 this year. I know it will still be crowded due to school vacations, initially I planned to go to Saalbach on 12th of March.
I need a big enough and well connected alpine ski resort for going on piste.Will be accompanied by a 20 yrs old daughter who probably won't come skiing, so a sports center with a swimming pool nearby is important. An opportunity to go hiking together instead of skiing every morning will be nice.
Your opinion? I would like to return to Tignes or to St. Anton for example. Solden feels too small even if including Obergurgl.
Any personal experience in those places at the same week previous years?
Any idea for a less queuing big area? Fasching falls on 28/02 this idea, so probably Austria is a no go?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 27-01-22 14:52; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@drporat, Tignes has a good sports centre with an indoor climbing wall. There are oppurtunities for other activities such a ice climbing and scuba diving under the ice on the lake as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, Tignes is a perfect spot to return to, I am just worried that on that week (Feb 26) everything will be awfully crowded...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@drporat, I wouldn't say Austria will be too crowded, no more than Tignes anyway. How about Ski Amade? Fly into Salzburg, 45 min transfer and Bob's your uncle. The only really busy day will be the Sunday when the Bavarian Day Punters come down. So what I'd do on that day is a little Ski Safari around the minor resorts on the Ski Amade Pass. You can easily jump in the car and bag Eben, Filzmoos, Altenmarkt and Forstau in a day and they'll be hardly anyone on them. Once the weekend is over there's still over 700km to explore. For your daughter, the Therme Amade in Altenmarkt is ideal and there's loads of Winterwanderweg routes in the valley, plus snowshoeing higher up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy