Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia to Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I am planning a trip to Cervinia with a friend, I am early Intermediate recently ventured on to some REDs but still struggling a bit with them. We are looking to arrive via Milan as we are aiming to get to the Milan derby before heading off Skiing. One idea was to spend most of the time in Cervinia as its good for beginners (friend is beginner) and then head to Zermatt, reason for heading to Zermatt is partly to make it interesting but main reason being its easier/cheaper for friend to get back home to Ireland (I live in London) from Geneva or Zurich.

So long preamble over, my friend is an out and out beginner and just wondering is it possible to get from Cervinia to Zermatt just using the lift system or do we have to part Ski? Even though I am still struggling a bit with REDs, I am confident I am can get down one way or the other as I don't fear the steepness or difficulty just the technique I need to work on, the friend on the other hand is out and out newbie and might struggle if he has to Ski a hard blue or part RED....

Thanks
Banchini
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@banchini, you can do it with minimal skiing as follows:

Cable car or gondola to Plan Maison
Gondola to Cime Bianche
Cable car to Plateau Rosa
Ski wide blue piste 73 to Trockener Steg
Cable car down to Zermatt

I assuming your friend will have had some lessons and be confident on a blue piste before you attempt this.

Also how do you intend to get your luggage across from Cervinia to Zermatt?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yes will will be travelling ultra light as its short break.. but even if sking with rucksacks are involved we are probably screwed!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watch the weather very carefully. Plateau Rosa is no place to be caught with an exhausted beginner.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy