Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used ski-discount.co.uk?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
Got a week booked in Les Arcs 1950 in a couple of week's time - I'm snowboarding but my g/f will be skiing. She's basically a total noob when it comes to skiing although she's having a series of lessons at the Chill Factore in Manchester so hopefully this will mean she'll have at a bit of a feel for it by the time we get there.

Anyway, I want to get ski/boot hire sorted for her before we get there but just wondering about where to hire from. I've found some places that seem to have shops in 1950 (e.g. Freeride 1950) but then I've just been looking at www.skidiscount.co.uk and it seems to offer much cheaper rental. For example, on the Freeride website, they offer a bronze ski pack for €129. However on skidiscount.co.uk, you can choose Freeride 1950 as the supplier, but you can hire beginner skis and boots for €58.05! That's quite a difference!

Has anyone used www.skidiscount.co.uk? Is there something I'm missing here or are they genuinely that much cheaper?

Thanks...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-01-16 10:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
I have not previously heard of skidiscount - I usually hire direct from the shops via their websites after price comparing. but your post interested me so I checked against my current hire plans (for La rosiere not arc) as I have not pre booked yet - skidiscount are a grand total of 49cents cheaper than the shop website for a blue(bronze) boot and ski weeks hire - to my mind not worth the potential issues of going through an agent.
I suspect that you are not comparing like for like as all the shops seem to offer discount for prebooking ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not heard of them, looks to me to be a bit of a comparison site rather than who you actually get the skis from. Suspect that it would be simple enough to negotiate with Freeride and just go direct...in fact, looking at the Freeride site there's a caption that says "20% to 50% OFF Prices Below". It's also possible that the 'Bronze pack' includes a helmet (although it's not clear), which would probably bring prices in line with each other. Regardless of all that they have a price matching service anyway Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy