Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Bettex (Saint Gervais)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Please can anyone advise me; We are staying in Saint Gervais for a week in about 5 weeks time. We have a 2 year old with us and although I don't anticipate getting him on ski's, he will be more than likely going up to Le Bettex to use his 'toy' skis and sledges etc.

This poses my question if we have a non-ski day doing this we obviously need at least a pedestrian pass to get up to Le Bettex from Saint Gervais. We will have to drive from our accomodation to the ski lift anyway so is it just as easy to drive up to Le Bettex? Does it take very long? Plenty of parking?

Obviously I know that we can just use our own lift passes but some people in the group will not be skiing everyday etc so I'm just looking at all options. Ie is it worth getting a pedestrian pass or just as easy to drive up being that we will be driving to the lift anyway (assuming non-snowy roads) ...?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, it's an easy drive and there is a large car park up at Bettex. However if you're going February half term week (13th - 20th Feb) finding a parking place might be tricky and you'd be better off taking the gondola from Saint Gervais which has a bigger car park.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lids wrote:
Hi, it's an easy drive and there is a large car park up at Bettex. However if you're going February half term week (13th - 20th Feb) finding a parking place might be tricky and you'd be better off taking the gondola from Saint Gervais which has a bigger car park.

Thanks for the reply. We are indeed going during half term which is a bit of a pain so your advice is very useful!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been to St Gervais at half term the last two years and stayed in Bettex. The car park was almost always full, especially if you do not Arrive early. The best option would be the gondola which is a short 5-10 minute ride up to Bettex. There is a good sledging area just below the gondola station, which was fenced off. The nursery slope in Bettex gets very busy around lunch and afternoon lesson swap over at around 3pm.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
get the gondola - I'd do that in any but the quietest weeks. Parking can be a bit of a menace at Bettex
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the additional replies. I guess my thinking behind driving up was due to the fact that my Mrs wont be skiing every day but our lad will want to be in snow each day so being that the mrs will be arranging a ski pass day to day, I figured it might save some Euro on the pedestrian pass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy