Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Locking ski and board storage rack for external wall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to find a wall mounted (ideally, I think, although all suggestions appreciated) storage rack for one of our apartments that doesn't have the required internal space.

I've considered a resin plastic cupboard (such as http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/abri-resine-lineus-0-98-m2-ep-16-mm-e1400073766 ) but wonder if a rack such as sold by edgeandwax wouldn't be better (e.g. http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/743841/products/gear_up_tres_3_ski_storage_bracket.aspx) but although it would be mounted on a wall not visible from the street, I suspect my guests would like some security. So some way to lock/padlock is needed.

Any bright ideas? Minimum of home customisation desired.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got some of the racks from edge and wax in our cave. They do the job. Not the most beautifully made/designed things but keep skis and poles tidy. However I'm not sure quite how you would secure the skis? Personally I'd not be happy leaving skis unlocked but "out of view". All it takes is someone to discover that skis are left there and the "out of view" becomes a double-edged sword.

I think you need both - a wall store with a padlock and with the racks mounted inside
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Something like this could work, I'm sure that you can find similar in Europe.

http://usa.skikey.com/products/ski-rack
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RichClark, well done for finding that. Thanks.

@jedster, agreed. Maybe I need to build an enclosure. It's in a corner so 2 of 4 walls are there already.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

@jedster, agreed. Maybe I need to build an enclosure. It's in a corner so 2 of 4 walls are there already.

I think that's what I would do - although Rich's suggestion looks sensible. You sometimes see similar racks at bubble midstations etc used as ski consignments so they must be available in Europe.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichClark wrote:
Something like this could work, I'm sure that you can find similar in Europe.

http://usa.skikey.com/products/ski-rack

They are the racks, or very similar, that Whistler uses outside its main restaurants.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, Even if you can't purchase in Europe, I would image that a half decent local fabricator could knock this togther with ease. Its just welded steel box section with a pin drilled for a padlock.

Rich
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

they must be available in Europe

There was a Swiss importer but he seems to have gone bust.

@RichClark, It's not actually an ideal solution as I really would prefer a single lock. Otherwise it will last around 5 weeks and then be unlockable (as the locks will be spread to the 5 corners of the globe). Never underestimate the ability of clients to wander off with stuff (keys, locks, pillows, duvets, etc.).

I won't get anything build for this season...mind you, this is the tenth season without anything so I'm not worrying too much Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, provide the locks for €10 returnable deposit and buy in bulk at the beginning of the season... could be a nice little sideline Very Happy

Oh and buy yourself a handy set of these too
Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RichClark, Now why would anyone need folding bolt croppers. I think is called "Going equipped"....... Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 4-01-16 17:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PowderAdict, Space has always been a premium in every ski challet and apparment, I've used NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy