Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lapland/Finland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am hoping to book a ski trip for 7 days toLapland/Finland and after any advice!

We will be 2 adults and a 7 year old then, we can all ski - some better than others but will all be intermidiate ability not good /pro skiers.

I was hoping to combine the trip with a Santa experience and maybe skidoos etc to make it extra special for our soon to be 7 year old.

I appreciate its really cold out there so thought accommodation near to slopes would be ideal so we can get back for lunch if needing to warm up!

Any resort recommendations greatly accepted, along with tips!! A must is to include Santa - the trip will be before Xmas next December!! Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No advice, but Im very interested in this also!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have been twice and I have written 2 reports.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2686025&highlight=yllas#2686025 (there's a link to the first report in this which has more info in it, you may need to copy and paste).

There are plenty additional activities to do as well. We have our own pack of working Siberian Huskies so didn't do any dog sledding but we did visit a kennel nearby owned by a friend. The hotel we stayed in was ski in / out so really easy and also there were great facilities for kids. No idea re the Santa thing but my Sister in Law was out in Levi a couple of years ago with our 2 nephews (I think the hotel was called the Crazy Reindeer, also via Inghams) and they loved it. They would have been about 4 and 7 I think (the nephews). In regards the temperature, it's seriously not that bad. The worst bit is the slow drag lifts near the top when it's really windy. If the gondola is running it's fine.

Book early if you want to go around Xmas time as I think this sells out quickly. I know someone who tried to book 4 months in advance and it was already full. Don't hesitate. Lapland is absolutely stunning. If the weather is rubbish you can go XC skiing, no-where better to do it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Won't it be very dark (like, nearly all day) in Lapland in late December?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looked and sun rose in Rovaniemi today at 11:30 and set at 13:30
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed at the Levitunturni hotel in Levi 2 years ago - 2 adults + 5 & 6 year olds - own cabin with bunks, drying room, etc - meals taken in the main building - kids loved being towed there by sledge - short coach trip from local airport
Great hotel - short walk to the slope - combined with small spa/water park
Did the "find Santa" package - sledging, dog sleigh trip, skiddoos, etc ending with a trip to Santas grotto/farm
Temperatures not too bad out of the wind - but very cold in the wind at the top of the hill
Also very dark all day - needs the floodlights on the slope to see
Prices not too bad apart from alcohol
Wouldn't go just to ski as it misses the visuals of the mountains but great as a one off arctic adventure
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy