Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funny skiing stories

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am new here and write for a charity magazine, i was thinking of doing an article about skiing, as a group of readers are about to go to Germany to ski, in the blackforest i think. Anyway i was wondering if anyone would mind contributing some funny experiences they have had when skiing, that i could include in my article. Any funny stories would be welcome and if used i will change any names, but the magazine has a small membership, so there shouldnt be anything to worry about there anyway.

Heres hoping you can give me some ideas, Thanks
Ronin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Myself and Beef McBignob once chundered off a chairlift onto unsuspecting skiers below Laughing

ronin4, welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ronin4, welcome to snowHead

There was a really good story linked in the first post of this thread. It may need serialising though as it is a bit lengthy, but a very good read all the same. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=793040&highlight=#793040
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ronin4, welcome to snowheads. One i heard second hand but that is apparently true was a group of 10 people who were on a ski instructor course in march which lasted two weeks.

These courses are pass fail and very stressfull. On the last day which happened to fall in April the course tutor mentioned that after lunch that there is a final test that all must pass to become instructors. They were handed clip boards and asked to sign and date that they understood that this test would determine their futures as ski instructors. The test had only one question which was "please demonstrate the correct method of taking off your skis and slinging them over your shoulder"

After signing and returning the clip boards each candidate instructor did the demonstration, all slightly differently and all very nervously. Fortunately all passed and afterwards the trainer asked them what day it was, which of course April Fools day Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

a group of readers are about to go to Germany to ski, in the blackforest i think.

there was a good one about a group who went on a ski holiday in the Black Forest in October and found pretty autumn colours but not one flake of snow! A laugh a minute.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ronin4, Well: there was a trainee instructor on Cairngorm who thought he was the bee's knees. He had a beginner group one week, and all week this one bloke could only turn one way. He was completely unable to turn the other way at all - this obviously caused some problems on Caringorm where there are a number of fences .... 'up himself' didn't think the discuss it with said student ..... Towards the end of the week they were skiing down in a line when I cry 'stop!' came from the back of the group. the one way skier was on the ground; 'what's the matter?' said 'up himself' 'I've lost my leg' said the one way bloke - 'pardon' 'I've lost my leg'. Well, it turned out that one way skier actually had a false leg and it had indeed fallen off altogether. Shocked 'Up himself' wasn't so after that. (sorry ski instructor humour!) This is a true story, but ccan be embellished to suit. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for stories so far all very good, the best one i had was a girl on a school trip who didnt understand how to break and went down a slope, couldnt stop and hit a tree, breaking her leg OUCH!!! Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I miss Beef McBignob
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ronin4 - hope when you write for the mag you get your spelling correct....i think you will find that when you stop you "brake" not "break" !!!...although in this case she did indeed "break" something !!! LOL Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Smokin Joe, That's hilarious and similar to another story I heard - https://fromcompanydirectortoskibum.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/burger-rain/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The arrivals bus pulls up in resort excited, all the guests rush to get off the bus. One guy didn't look, tripped off the step, slipped on the ice, fell and broke his leg. Straight back home for that guy

Unfortunate, but true (no it wasn't me)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ski hire shop used to be upstairs at Cairngorm. I put my boots on, set off down the stairs with my skis and promptly fell down them from top to bottom taking out about ten other people.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
7 years?, nice..... Porky ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mountain Addiction LMAO
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy