Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere for NY?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone

I've got some friends going to Sestriere this weekend and the snow conditions are not looking too good. I said I would ask the snowheads forum on their behalf but any ideas what resorts they could get to from there? Apparently the snow cannons have not been working as it wasn't cold enough but it seems to be getting colder (but no snow predicted).

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry but it's really really bad there and Sauze D'Oulx / Sansicario have no snow.

If they could move to Montgenevre or Serre that would be better, but it's going to be so crowded everywhere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the heads up. It is as bad as I thought it would be. I guess you can just drink and eat a lot as options sound very limited. It's hard to believe that we are in a worse situation than last year for some resorts!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could always get the bus + train in to Turin one day, it is a nice city.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can go through the tunnel to Orelle (50 euro toll) and there is a bubble that gets you to the 3 valleys in 20 minutes.

I was also booked there, but canceled. I went to Tignes instead. I also weighed my options.... apparently Bardonecchia does have artificial snow. My daughters's friend have a place there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in the same position unfortunately. Booked for Sauze on the the 9th Jan. Wishing now that I'd not decided to try somewhere new and gone with my old favourite of Passo Tonale, at least they have a glacier and some decent snow making.

My choices are:

Cancel and lose all my money - not sure if I would also lose my pre booked lift pass. I could then cancel time off work and book somewhere else for when/if it snows.

Just go and make the best of it in resort. They aparently have 2-4 runs open with about 12km. A bit of reading, eating and drinking making up more of my time I guess.

Go but also hire a car from the airport. I could then visit a few more of the resorts that might have a bit more snow and also have a day or two in Turin.

I'll really just have to wait and see as it's still 2 1/2 weeks away but it's not looking very promising. I'm guessing I'll just make my decision a day or two before when I know what the conditions are going to be like. Must be thousands of people in the same position unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. I'm in Montgenevre this week and I would recommend coming here. I don't know how easy it is to get across though.

There are 9 lifts and 15 runs open here. 2 blacks, 3 reds, 5 blues, 5 greens.

There are 5 runs open in Sestriere, 4 in Sauze and 4 in Bardonecchia. Claviere and Sansicario are closed.

It is really quiet considering it's the most open resort in the area, but they've had lots of cancellations from the French. I've been told the day passes are quite expensive but if they came here every day and bought a 6-day pass then that would work out cheaper per day (and more skiing).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HeidiAmsterdam, I've heard that Val Thorens are only letting people with VT weekly passes ski, NO day passes from Orelle
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:
@HeidiAmsterdam, I've heard that Val Thorens are only letting people with VT weekly passes ski, NO day passes from Orelle

~shivers~

glad I don't have that problem.... I will have had 14 days in Tignes, so I think I've done well, considering, then off to catch another 3 or 4 in Norway.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Off to sauze on Sunday Sad So seems I can buy a VT Orelle day pass on line. Do you think they won't honour that? Peter
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@japes1275, to be honest I think you should be OK by then with the current forecasts gathering more and more strength. It looks like there will be 2-3 storm fronts passing through between 30/12 and 05/01.

Bit too early to be certain but looks good for you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Athers, yes heard there might be change a foot - but not banking on it!

I've heard reports from Sauze and the ViaLattea that people are still enjoying good skiing on the runs they have open and that Inghams/Crystal are bussing people to other areas for a bit of variety. Also they are working on getting more runs open. So should at least get some limited skiing in if the snow doesn't appear. Might be more Smile than Sad !!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy