Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Xmax Goggles any good in flat light? Anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really like the look of these goggles, (am female so this is obviously the only valid basis for choosing one's goggles rolling eyes ) but I really struggle in flat light and the low light lens supplied (in the colour i'd choose) is a blue low light lens. Anyone any experience with these goggles or any other blue low light lenses? I know there are other threds on this issue but I'm wondering if new technology means that blue is the new orange and the old school idea of orange as best for flat light is now old hat? Are Salomon re-inventing the wheel or is it just style over substance? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frankEvb wrote:
I really like the look of these goggles, http://stwww.powdermag.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/2013/09/XMAX1_640.jpg
(am female so this is obviously the only valid basis for choosing one's goggles rolling eyes ) but I really struggle in flat light and the low light lens supplied (in the colour i'd choose) is a blue low light lens. Anyone any experience with these goggles or any other blue low light lenses? I know there are other threds on this issue but I'm wondering if new technology means that blue is the new orange and the old school idea of orange as best for flat light is now old hat? Are Salomon re-inventing the wheel or is it just style over substance? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
frankEvb, My wife & dad both use and love them, wrong colour lense for flat light though you want something with a diffrent lense like the below, flat light lenses tend to be darker. The only drawback is the X-Max is no interchangable lenses!

http://www.glisshop.co.uk/goggles/salomon/xtend_xpro_yellow_low_light-36513.html

The blue lense is targeted as a do all any condition lense.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I normally /traditionally find that a yellow lens works best in flat or low light.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob, Yellow Permission, Brown Permission, Pink Iridium any of the 3 should do the job
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for your responces, my instinct tells me to go with a 'warm' shade too!
Fattes13 good news for all those salomon goggle fans, this years Xmax does indead have interchangable lenses Very Happy and thus the basis for my question Toofy Grin Granted the bright light lens is blue and will surfice for most conditions, but the low light lens (also supplied) has a blue tint too and has me perplexed... Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just bought a pair of xmax goggles. They indeed came with an extra lens for low light (mine is amber colour). Haven't used them in action but they sit nicely and even they are quite big size they fit perfectly with my Salomon helmet. Just in case anyone is interested.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glad to hear I'm not the only convert to these! I love mine - they've only fogged once and I think that was due to my being hotter than the sun at the time... Don't ask. Hope you don't have too long to wait till you can try em out! Happy Christmas and all that Yuletide stuff.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used the photochromic ones last season and they were fine in poor light. I ride in all conditions.

Never had them fog up, but then I never have any goggles fog up (it's all in the technique) Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy