Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

February: Four weeks in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy,

So I have a trip to Ischgl planned from 23rd Jan - 30th Jan and a trip to Mayrhofen 27th Feb for a week. There's been quite a change at work and it looks like I may be off all of Feb. I'm toying with the idea of staying in Austria between both ski trips, buying a Snow Card to cover my time there. Only issue I have is with accommodation, I've looked at immodirekt and AirBnB but crazy prices for most of the accommodation in resorts. I was hoping to get by with 1500e for accommodation and food (Lidl pasta diet Very Happy ) for the four weeks in between trips.

Before looking at 'commuter' places like Innsbruck what other sites would I find sharing accommodation in the resorts. Is it doable for 1500?

Thanks in advance, all advice welcome!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The problem is you're covering two of the most expensive weeks in the whole season!

I'd email the tourist offices of any resorts you are interested in, and/or look at towns down the valley which will be cheaper.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its a high season, so the prices on the resort accommodation will be very high.
Try all those small villages. There is a free ski bus coming from Jenbach down to Hintertux.
http://www.best-of-zillertal.at/en/winter/skiing/skibus/

will see ya on the slopes Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try the Gasthöfe near the start of the valley - there is a a great little Gasthof in Strass (Gastof Hotel Post) right opposite the station). It is right at the start of the Zillertal valley. Another place to look (and also good for a laugh or two among your english friends) is Schlitters - again and easy stop along the railway! As you are at the beginning of the railway, you will nearly always get a seat as well wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the advice folks. I've been in touch with a lot of tourist offices in the area and can get a B&B for around 800 euro for the month which is pretty good. 100 metres from the bus stop 10 mins from Mayrhofen.

I'll continue to look at the smaller villages to see if anything else crops up
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
shredder,
We bought Tyrol Snowcards last season & spent 70 nights in Austria, over 6 trips. We averaged about £22 each per night (2of us) for self catering accommodation. We did have a car so had to drive to the skiing most days, although that varied from 2 minutes to 30 minutes through the season. On average, I reckon we drove no more than 20 minutes to ski each day.

All of our accommodation was booked via Quidco through booking.com or hotels.com and I would recommend trying villages like Pertisau, Landeck, Fliess, Kappl, Langenfeld or See.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy