Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will he, won't he? Bode Miller may return to racing... so sues Head

Poster: A snowHead
After retiring as a result of a leg injury in the 2015 season, Bode Miller got himself released from his contract with his long term sponsor, Head, so he could get involved with promoting New York 'luxury ski brand' Bomber. A condition of Head's release was that he would not compete in World Cup or World Championship ski racing for two years, unless he was on Head kit.

Now he has announced his intention to race again, via a law suit filed against Head seeking the freedom to race on other kit - Bomber probably.

More detail

Sorry, so the new sponsor is Milk Tray?

http://youtube.com/v/xSytWqmReRw
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good. Look forward to seeing him in Wengen this winter on whatever kit he chooses Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where is that filmed - Norway?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm fairly sure that is Portillo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jeepers, that was a wasted 2:16 I won't get back. Someone's been watching way too much OHMSS. It was cool and interesting in 1969 I am sure.

The skis are eye-wateringly expensive.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Meh - If you're trying to boost your brand into the public consciousness through racing, you might want to pick someone who has actually won something sometime in the past half decade.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, The brand didn't pick Bode, he is an investor in Bomber.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My god that was an awful clip....I would say it looks like something from the80's but that would be disrespectful to the 80's.

That aside, I would love see Miller race again
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looked like Head boots on his feet...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cringeworthy video and strange product placement - I'm a fan of BM but presumably they sink their money into their product rather than effective marketing Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I reiterate my earlier 'meh'
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Toofy Grin I'm just somewhat puzzled by the video and very interested in the outcome of his court action - as someone commented elsewhere, he'll have to get a move on if it's going to be of any use to him
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fine, good advert. If it helps to get Bode back on WC pistes again he can make as many cheesy adverts as he likes. The speed races desperately need some characters. They also need some racers who can step up at any point in the race and change the game although his years and injuries must stack against him now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dont see much wrong with the advert?
I guess the target audience is very wealthy 40/50 year olds who grew up watching bond movies and now with more time on their hands want to go heli skiing with their blond mistress/wife and relive the adventure of their youth.
Standard bolloxs really.

Bode Miller would have more global reach than most of the WC winners of the last decade esp in the US where i presume consumption of ski products is highest esp for niche markets.
Again dont see the problem , after so many injuries the guy is entitled to make money doing whatever he can.

He would need to hurry it all up a bit , next WC race is in 4 weeks
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Themasterpiece wrote:

Yes.
snow report
hawkwind wrote:
Dont see much wrong with the advert?
I guess the target audience is very wealthy 40/50 year olds who grew up watching bond movies and now with more time on their hands want to go heli skiing with their blond mistress/wife and relive the adventure of their youth.
Standard bolloxs really.

Bode Miller would have more global reach than most of the WC winners of the last decade esp in the US where i presume consumption of ski products is highest esp for niche markets.
Again dont see the problem , after so many injuries the guy is entitled to make money doing whatever he can.

He would need to hurry it all up a bit , next WC race is in 4 weeks

I quite liked it, as you say its just ""glam"" and a bit of fun. Just read the sponsors credits.

You would think he would be able to ski faster than chicks.
snow report
do Bomber make WC standard race skis anyway??? or is it about slapping some stickers on his head skis??
snow conditions
@iskar, There is a thread on this on Epicski that has some information on Bomber skis.
snow report
http://www.skiracing.com/stories/head-responds-to-millers-lawsuit-supports-return-to-competition

Response
snow conditions
blahblahblah wrote:
I quite liked it, as you say its just ""glam"" and a bit of fun. Just read the sponsors credits.

I liked it too. I thought it was ironic - a pastiche of an old hero-saves-the-world-and-gets-the-girls movie. Overthinking?

Anyway, I'd like to see Bode back racing so hope it all works out.
snow report
"You would think he would be able to ski faster than chicks."

A certain Ms Vonn might disagree...
ski holidays
Have to say, he entered into an agreement, that at the time suited him greatly; to wriggle out now just because that would suit him better is not a just nor right thing to do.

Not like Bomber is in any way challenging Head nor Atomic on the podium is it?

(Although I guess there's a reasonable chance the "Italian" factory building the skis might also be building for other race depts...
snow report
@blahblahblah,
Quote:

Themasterpiece wrote:

Yes.

It's quite definitely filmed at Portillo in Chile. The lake at the beginning is called Lake of the Incas and at 38 seconds the distinctive yellow painted Hotel Portillo is visible.
snow report
andy1234 wrote:
@blahblahblah,
Quote:

Themasterpiece wrote:

Yes.

It's quite definitely filmed at Portillo in Chile. The lake at the beginning is called Lake of the Incas and at 38 seconds the distinctive yellow painted Hotel Portillo is visible.

That's what is says on
Bomber Ski I Bode Miller Ski Film - 2015 from Chandler Clarke I Director
vimeo
snow conditions
@musher,

Yes, on the Vimeo page it says: Bomber Ski I Bode Miller Ski Film - 2015 ... from Chandler Clarke // Dir. & Prod.

And underneath that: I produced and post supervised this James Bond inspired ski chase scene for Jalbert Productions Int. Shot on location in Portillo, Chile.

Goal! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 22-09-16 18:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thought it was funny, tongue in cheek....good luck to him!
latest report
Someone once favorably compared my skiing with Bode Millers. Watching that video I can only say

"should have gone to specsavers" Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy