Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keen 9yo Beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, first time poster here. Just back from half term in Les Gets for our first family ski holiday (an Esprit extravaganza, top notch but OMG spendy). Everyone got on very well, but especially my middle son (9yo). Bored with ESF beginner lessons by day 2, deriving the principles of parallel turns on his own by day 4, faster than dad (admittedly no great accomplishment Embarassed) by day 6. The thought of not skiing again until next winter makes for an unhappy boy. So now what?

Two thoughts: We're in SW London, and the Sandown dry slope says we can tag onto the fag end of their Jr Ski Club term up until easter. Might just be able to sneak in a long w/e during easter with just the two of us; any suggestions on where? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads @Dyrlac. Skiing with your kids is brilliant. My 8 year old has just started his fourth year of skiing and is loving it. He even said to me a few weeks ago when we had a 'boys weekend' in Tignes that I needed to trust my edges more. We go away again in just over 3 weeks with Esprit to Val d'Isere. He is in the Esprit "Advanced" group but I think he will be bored in it. I did try to convince him to let me book him with another ski school but I think he likes skiing with other kids from the hotel.

There are lots of threads on here about where to go for a weekend. If a short transfer is important to you then Les Gets, Avoriaz or other resorts in the PdS are worth thinking about. We decided to go for Tinges for our long weekend. It took us around 2.5 hours from GVA and that included a quick pitstop at McDs in Bourg. Very Happy

It might also be worth you looking at taking him to Hemel over the summer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mt.Hemel, also Sandown, though if you teach him to ski dryslope forget about ever being able to catch him on snow again. Another alternative is going glacier skiing in the summer somewhere like Le Deux Alpes. Ski up high in the morning, go do other stuff in the afternoon - climbing, mountain biking, hiking, swimming, the luge is still open, and most of it is included in your lift ticket.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dyrlac, Welcome to snowHead

have a look at the summer training weeks at the snowcentre hemel hempstead - http://www.thesnowcentre.com/ the usually run programmes aimed at kids over the summer - about 45 minutes from M25 J11
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all. Have just signed him up for the next four weeks at Sandown. Will struggle to make Hemel more than an occasional one-off thing, just too much of a faff to get to (have been there twice, 90 minutes by car with traffic, 2hrs by train/bus), versus a nice 30m cycle to Esher. Now to convince the missus to let us sneak away on a last minute deal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy