Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton, Davos or Meribel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Random question I know but we have quite specific requirements:

We've found great accommodation in all three and it's all a bit last minute for half term but the party consists of: 2 all mountain skiers, two kids who pretty much ski everywhere, 2 adults who don't ski at all and one 4 year old who is a complete beginner. Any thoughts on the best all rounder? Was leaning towards Meribel even though I prefer Austria.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
St Anton
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe with two non skiers Davos would be the better choice. Otherwise I would say it's a tie between St. Anton & Meribel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would go Davos all the way with those requirements, great for non skiers including meeting up for lunches a the bottom via different railways etc, 4 year old will love the trains as well, good all mountain skiing as well and likely to be less crowded. Main down side is expense, Davos is pretty pricey in my experience.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@T Bar, What about the slopes up on the hill when the 4 yr old
Progresses? It looks like the only way back to town is on a black?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Guernseyfreerider, Although I have been quite a few times I have not been with a beginner so don't know precisely what they do with lessons. But there are good nursery slopes at the base of the Jakobshorn where I imagine they would start a lot of the young children, I did once go with my own son but he was a pre-skiing toddler and he loved the trains and ambience as did his granny who could meet up with us for lunches..
There are excellent gentle blues and reds on the Parsenn but yes you would have to come back down by the funicular if skiing there with a beginner though I imagine for a four year old this would be fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, come back down from Parsenn by funicular. It's usually more pleasant than skiing down anyway, plus you can have a few apres ski drinks at the mid station before the ride down. Good pizzas there too. Jakobshorn is probably a better bet for the young one as stated above.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy