Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monte Rosa heliski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondered if anyone has experience of this. I have chance for an off piste week in Alagna with a days Heliskiing which looks p damn good Smile .
I have ski'd Alagna/Gressoney before so have an idea of the area.

Any feed back be welcomed before I hit the commit button Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having normally skinned up in the past, on our trip last year, due to non-touring members in our group, we took a heli up to the top and can thoroughly recommend it! Allowed us to do the (classic?) day tour to Zermatt and back via Champoluc (without a heli, I don't think there's time - you need to stay in a hut the night before - although someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) Straightforward skiing but an amazing route - there's still a bit of skinning at the top of the Zermatt lift to get back over although perhaps it can be walked? Numerous other possibilities of course but there are a lot more knowledgeable people than me on here who can advise!
Ed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Enjoyed heliskiing from Gressoney last year and the year before, both times taking off from the Salati Pass and skiing down into Alagna (different routes each time). Would thoroughly recommend it. Having said that, it's far cheaper (and almost as much fun!) to skin up. Will be back again this coming season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I posted my thoughts from last year in this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2692016&highlight=#2692016

In summary, they seem to use heli drops as a means to get high quickly and avoid skinning, rather than the multi-drop style in Canada etc
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know it's a bit open to chance but if possible don't book the heli day in advance.
If you have a crappy snow week, wind, melt etc you might get a few turns at the top and expensive horrid snow for the rest.
If you get out there and its looking good then book in, generally there will be a flight or a space free unless you arrive at the end of a no fly week then you will find herds of rabid Austrians braying around the booking office.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The best heli drop I did in Alagna was onto the top skiable slopes in the valley to the far right (looking up), that you get to the bottom slopes of by skiing the Malfatta. There isn't any way to skin to that from the lifts.

we were dropped extreme top right just below cliff. Alagna skiing is beyond large cliffs on left (site of my "Victoria Fall") and Malfatta just out of sight to the left of those.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 14-11-15 13:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for feedback folks, great shots snowball, looks fantastic.

However plans have altered slightly since post . Unfortunately the timing wasn't so great for the trip inc the Heliski day and after much torment I have let the place go.

Instead I've grabbed the last place on an off piste week in the Italian Dolomites , staying in Ponte di Legno ( Passo Tonale ) in the Adamello ski region.
Supposedly the 'new' free ride area..
9th Jan so fingers crossed for lots of snow..Smile

And when I'm skinning up the mountain I can think of the money I'm saving rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@scarbski, fantastic choice if you have a guide who knows how to get to the good off piste. Though I only know the Sella Ronda and associated offshoots plus Cortina.

This is quite a wide couloir which gives you an idea of the scale.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oooh, time to wax the skis up Smile

We have guides, same ones who are normally based in Alagna but apparently have spent a lot of time reccying the region .

Andrea & Boris, who I have skied with before.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy