Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Breakdown cover

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
My son is, hopefully, going to Switzerland for the upcoming skiing season and is driving out from the UK.
We are looking for vehicle breakdown cover from around December 2015 to around April 2016.
Currently we have a policy with the RAC which covers our 3 vehicles, My car, wifes car and Sams car for homestart and recovery etc. We have contacted the RAC but we have been told that they only offer 3 months cover for around £100 and will not extend/renew this cover unless there is proof that the vehicle has been back into the UK when the 3 months cover ends. Just wondering if anyone else has managed to sort out European breakdown cover for around 6 months possibly with a company abroad or AA Etc?

Thanks for looking and a great season to everyone for 2015/2016.

Paul
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use ASDA breakdown cover, I think mine covers me 12 months of the year. Check out moneysupermarket Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used AXA on my season
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ADAC Plus-Membership is good. 109 euros for two of us in any vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes with full European recovery.

https://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/

T&C:
http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/Terms%20and%20conditions_Plus_englisch_2009_tcm4-30464%20(1).pdf
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at Britannia (LV) they say "You’re covered for up to 180 days a policy year while you’re driving your own vehicle in Europe." Do check the small print though wink
http://www.lv.com/breakdown-cover/european-breakdown-cover
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@altis, if it is the same ADAC Plus membership deal that I have here in Germany, they will also return your car to your home if you are unable to drive it yourself due to illness or injury. It is not part of any travel insurance cover either but a part of the ADAC membership deal. Just needs confirmation from a doctor that you cannot drive yourself and you don't have an alternative insured driver.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We also use ADAC partner plus, and in addition to the above mentioned, there also appears to be emergency medical repatriation from anywhere in the world. I would not want to find out if that covered being helicoptered off a mountain though Laughing rolling eyes

By the way the t&c link above is showing a 404 error!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ADAC links say you have to be a German resident?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells, ...to use the links. You can phone them up and register - not that they understand how to do UK addresses!!!

@CaravanSkier, the forum software can't cope with brackets. You'll have to cut and paste the link.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@altis, ok. After our recent RAC/Nissan experience we may be looking for something else.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thought there was an ADAC link from AA website, mostly all in English, just the final application has to be in German for legal reasons. Pretty sure that's how I sorted mine when I first arrived.

Also pretty sure the UK guys visiting Nurburgring get ADAC, since it's so comprehensive and for a very good price, especially for those driving in £1000 bangers for a challenge.

Coverage covers half what I'd normally expect travel and wintersports insurance to cover. And for a single driver, with full pan-Europe cover, the cost makes AA look like extortion. But since it's Switzerland, it may make more sense to check out TCS ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@altis, Ah, OK!

@Hells Bells, My understanding is that 'The Plus' version is available wherever you live.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@paulmo101, is he likely to be doing much driving? My seasons, many moons past, didn't involve any other than client related driving.

I don't recommend Green Flag. I'd think the Swiss TCS might be best...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi

Thanks for the great replies we will have a look at some of the links and take it from there.

The Asda cover looks OK it says 180 days of cover abroad but we will need to check if that is 180 consecutive days as some policies say such as 90 days cover abroad but a max of 30 days in one trip.

Sam will only really be driving to the resort and possibly onto Hintertux at the end of the season to hopefully do his BASI 3 tech. He will not be required to drive clients around.

The AA do list a long stay european cover but I think it will have to be a phone call for price etc. as we cannot find anything on the web.

Thanks again for all the great replies.

Paul
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

Had a quick look at TCS and it looks like your car has to be registered in Switzerland but I believe they have a arrangement with the AA.

Cheers

Paul
latest report
I've 365 days a year European cover from AA as part of my insurance. Saga though so probably not suitable Happy
snow report
Hi Snowheads,
Please can someone advise which phone number I should use to contact ADAC to set up membership?

Thanks
snow report
This is the ADAC number in my phone for when I *may* need it:

00 49 221 4727444
ski holidays
Thanks @Dr Rock, I'll give that a go
ski holidays
I use LV. Bust a propshaft (and cracked gearbox housing) in France. They were absolutely perfect.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy