Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour F10s or F12 EPFs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I have a pair of new skis 92mm underfoot. I plan on using them 30% touring, 70% all mountain. Skis measure 182cm, I measure 190 and weigh 80kg.

My question is simple - f10 or f12 EPF bindings?

I was told that you don't want to be skiing anything larger than 90mm with f10s as power transmission isn't perfect. Is that true? Does the f12 extended power frame really make a difference? If I go with the F10s I can save cash and weight...

Thanks for letting me know what you think!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@vieuxchaillol, Frankly that's cowdoo and the F10s will be fine. For the record I use (or have used) the non-EPF Barons on 92mm, 97mm, 110mm, 116mm, 118mm and 135mm skis (the same pair, swapping across the skis with quiver killers).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@vieuxchaillol, I have some 98mm skis with f12s. I'm slightly heavier than you. They have been great, I've skied them mainly with AT boots, and sometimes Alpine boots. They have no sloppyness and a reliable consistent release. Mine are not epf. The forward pressure is high so the step in pressure needs to be high, no problem on firm snow more tricky if a ski comes off in powder. They are light enough for a frame binding but I reach for my tech set up if I'm going to be climbing. I would recommend them and if they will be used 70% on piste definitely go for the f12.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@clarky999, im thinking QKing my f12s onto some 112 skis, how do you arrange the brakes across all the sizes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jbob, I just have the biggest brakes (132 or something?), which I use on all them. Been fine so far - the only problem is the 97mm skis don't click quite so well together when I'm carrying them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
F10s on my 112mm underfoot Preachers give me all the power transmission I need
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your replies. So from what I gathered my skis definitely aren't too wide for F10s. However maybe that the F10s won't put up with too much resort skiing..?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the rocks wrote:

What size brake do you have. Will I get away with a 110 on my new (old)112 preachers when I get them. I did try giving them a little bend but they seem very stiff.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got the F12 EPFs. My theory was that I want my DIN setting to be as near to the middle of the spring range as possible, i.e. I didn't want the DIN at 9 when the max DIN was 10 as the spring would be near full compression.

This might be me over thinking things though......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jbob wrote:
On the rocks wrote:

What size brake do you have. Will I get away with a 110 on my new (old)112 preachers when I get them. I did try giving them a little bend but they seem very stiff.

Sorry, I can't remember, I bought the bindings (with brakes) with the skis, the work fine.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The 110mm Marker brakes fit the Preachers with a little tweaking of the levers. Note that the levers are pretty tough so it's a vice'n'pipe job to adjust them otherwise you're likely to cracking the plastic housing.

For this season Marker have now brought out a 120mm brake but they're only available to purchase as an extra.

I've got 90 (which are really 88's), 110, 120 & 130mm Marker brakes in stock.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@spyderjon, thanks Jon, I knew they came up small and were hard to bend, I've gone a different way for now, and bought some Solomon Wardens I'll see how they go. Thanks again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy