Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi I would like to book a place in Chamonix for the winter, recommendations please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would like to stay alone in Chamonix for something like two weeks, I'll be happy for recommendations.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le vert, good craic and friendly crowd.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the recommendation, but the score in booking.com is not very high and I prefer place with kitchen.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gite Belvedere, Argentiere?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Gämsbock the Gite Belvedere is better to my style, but apartment could be also interesting to me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And Argentiere I like very much Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gämsbock wrote:
Gite Belvedere, Argentiere?
The Belvedere is no longer self catering, you have to book for the set meal instead. However it is still a sociable place to stay. Eating out in Argentiere need not be too expensive in some of the bars etc
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@yariv_har,
My chums spent the whole season in Gite La Tapia in town for a couple of years and were happy. Short walk from town and close to the micro brewery.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@HammondR, good call, it's quiet and much nicer than the better positioned chalet ski station at Brevent, where my pal was staying. They tend to be around 14-20 euro a night. If there's a couple of you a studio can be cheaper.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HammondR wrote:
@yariv_har,
My chums spent the whole season in Gite La Tapia in town for a couple of years and were happy. Short walk from town and close to the micro brewery.

Wow. That's a blast from the past! I think that I stayed there when I climbed Mont Blanc (Cosmiques hut route) back in 2002/3. I left some gear in the Gite (with the owners permission) whilst I was climbing and it had disappeared upon my return. However, the owner was great and paid me around 200 Euros to replace what was stolen.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for La Tapia. Great cheap place to stay and generally a pretty good bunch staying there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy