Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Union Bindings disc on Burton 3x3 board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wonder if you can help
Purchased a pair of Union bindings - but when I came to fit my new bindings to my old burton snowboard the supplied disc do not align with the 3x3 set up on the board. Would fit a 4x4 but not 3x3
Is there a universal disc that allows new union bindings to be attached to older burton boards?
Thanks for your help guys. This is what happens when you don't upgrade your board setup in over 10 years Sad - Things used to be so much simpler. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They fit across the board on a burton 3D .

Unless you have some other type of discs, they did have mini discs on some of the butter binders.

Sometimes new union discs seem bowed upwards and the screws don't seem long enough too pick up the thread in the board but they soon flex down once compressed with a temporary slightly longer screw and a few washers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trol 164 - thanks for the reply. I have checked again thinking I was having some sort of moment but the Disc Union supplied don't line up which ever way I place them on the board.
They are not the mini discs.
They state on the disc 4x4 plus channel ( which I presume is for EST) The disc are flat with no give. Unless I drill them out I can't see how they fit. Written to Union to see if they can help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Union bindings discs had two slots that could be run across the board on 3D and use 3 bolts only to fit ??
Not sure which disc you have with new bindings. Add a pic ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Union Supplied this (link to show as can't see how to load a picture) - http://www.bobssportschalet.com/union-m6-channel-disc-2015.html

If you look at a universal plate the 3x3 is slightly offset / different to the 4x4 holes - https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Burton_Unidisc_3_and_4_Hole_Pattern_Snowboard_Binding_Disc_Pair-(86938)

I think this maybe the answer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a set of force discs out and screwed up a burton stick before my post so the force discs fit a burton 3D as said above so you have the wrong parts for 3D
As I dont ride burtons or use forces that much anymore I thought it odd they didn't fit so tried it here today .

What discs/bindings do you have is the question are the discs second hand or from another source or mixed up ?

"Possibly its a Union disc for burton channels but I don't know those in practise" .

Can you drill the discs use a clamp, new sharp drill and punch dot to start... if you have good diy access .

I remember when riders were freaking about using two bolts in a pinch or odd situation.
Now burton markets two bolts an flexy disc this and flexy base that,flexy carp is all over the show for kids to get flexy .

The flexy discs only have teeth over about 35%-40% of the discs circumference as well
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A burton unidisc only fits burton binders so they are not the answer as the teeth angles are not the same.

Burton and Union discs have different teeth angles but same diameter although I think I tried burton discs on forces once,the binders could spin under load ?
Load is speed so you might go down hard at speed but it would get you round a mountain on a toothpick brd if you had nothing else .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The bindings are new. Will be speaking to the shop and Union to find a solution. If not the bindings will go back as not changing my trusty steed (board) - amazed that union don't provide the disc necessary. In my day you used to get 4x4 and 3x3 disc when you brought new bindings. I know I am getting old now!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Union went to the 4x4/ICS disc last season iirc - it's been a while since Burton made boards with the 3D pattern! I believe that the older 2-slot 4x4/3D Union disc is the same diameter and should fit though. The UK distro is http://theriderslounge.com/ , they will be able to confirm and supply relevant discs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the info guys.
As HandyHand has stated - Union don't makes 3d compatable disc anylonger. The discs they supply are 4x4/ICS. I am trying all sorts of avenues to track down a set of UNION 4x4/3d disc. Fingers crossed I will be able to get hold of a set. Can't afford a new board Sad
I need the discs shown in the instruction from Union bindings a couple of years ago - http://www.boardology.co.uk/Snow/About-Union-Bindings.ice
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just fitted a Burton 3D disc into older union Forces the Burton 3D disc teeth are angled a tiny bit about 35 degrees at a guess.
Where the force binding unit or base teeth are horizontal or 45 degrees.

The burton 3D disc feels locked solid in the union force binder and looks no prob too work as no movement is present.

If I was looking to catch a lift right now I would use it without a doubt I think I may have once?? as said above.

Otherwise
I once contacted C3 in the states by email and they sent bits .
C3 is the umbrella for Union capita etc
This was because union uk/riders lounge was rubbish at the time they wouldn't reply on two occasions to ellis brigham requests so I was snookered.

Failing that option a dot punch and drill might be a temp solution .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy