Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What quiver for Ja-pow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm lucky enough to be spending the season in Japan this winter, but with only 20kg luggage space and weight are super tight! I'll end up sending a parcel ahead of me, but just wanted some thoughts on what to take seeing as every kg counts!

My main board is this in 158:

http://www.freshfarm.it/tavola-snowboard/burton-snowboard-speak-easy-12630-7212.jsp

which should be fine for most of the time.

Normally I'd stick a Jones Flagship 164 and Hovercraft split 156 in the bag. The Hovercraft is coming - really keen to do some touring - but undecided on the flagship. The last couple of times I've ridden it it's been a handful, and it's pretty beat up with a sidewall that's needed some love over the years. I've mostly loved it for carving, but I'm not sure Japan is the place to be doing that...

Do you reckon that Japanese sidecountry is where it's going to come into its own, or will I be fine on the Speakeasy, maybe with a setback stance if I'm having an off-piste day, for variable, with the hovercraft for perfect powder days? I've had some incredible days in waist-deep pow in Europe just using the hovercraft as a solid, so no issues there, but it's not so hot once things get more variable.

5'11" and 12stone / 76kg - I ride mid/stiff boots and for solid bindings have diodes and cartels in 4 hole pattern.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have no idea, but just wanted to way super envious of your winter in Ja-POW!

Where are you going to be?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Niseko! Yes, absolutely cannot wait!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aww... This was going to be one of our epic trips, then the clatter of tiny ski boots arrived. Between the Speakeasy and the Hovercraft you should have your bases covered for the trip... unless you want to go shopping for a Gentemstick wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a three-weeker booked to Ja-POW in Feb - 9 days boarding with Black Diamond and then some time exploring Tokyo and the surrounding area afterwards.

Also very excited Happy Although people at the weekend were telling me it is the worst year in ages to visit japan becase of El Nino - apparently it will be mega in Europe and poo in Japan. Hope they are wrong!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure how accurate season weather forecasting has ever been... Did the marmots hibernate on a Wednesday? Surely as accurate as anything...

If anyone's interested in that flagship, seeing as it won't be coming out with me I've decided to stick it up for sale - take a look and get in touch if you fancy it Smile

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121232
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb wrote:
I've got a three-weeker booked to Ja-POW in Feb - 9 days boarding with Black Diamond and then some time exploring Tokyo and the surrounding area afterwards.

Also very excited Happy Although people at the weekend were telling me it is the worst year in ages to visit japan becase of El Nino - apparently it will be mega in Europe and poo in Japan. Hope they are wrong!

They probably are wrong, as El Nino doesn't usually have much effect on Europe wink

According to a recent wePowder article, it does often mean warmer/drier winters further south in Japan, BUT makes no difference to winters Hokkaido. Sure you'll have a great time anyway!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

According to a recent wePowder article, it does often mean warmer/drier winters further south in Japan, BUT makes no difference to winters Hokkaido. Sure you'll have a great time anyway!

Yup, really looking forward to the trip Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy