Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara Transfers from Venice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies about posting this rather pathetic question, however I'm a bit stumped.

I've googled for ages now and can't find much information on the possible public transport ways to get to Corvara from Venice.

I have to transport 4 adults and one bambino with applicable luggage plus 1 maybe 2 ski bags. Having done my calculations a Fiat Cinquecento will not cut the mustard.

Ideally I want a nice (?) coach as that would be by far the cheapest option but have no luck there. Quotes are coming out from £115 a person which seems a little steep, though that is for a private taxi.

Might be sensible to rent 2 cars.

Anyone with any Corvara (or surrounds) experience?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Those Dolomiti coaches, presumably? Cheap compared to the French equivalent because they are subsidised by resorts. Someone who has used them for the Birthday Bashes will probably be along soon to advise.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Legend., There are some coaches liveried with Alta Badia that I've been on before, but I think they are chartered by some of the hotels. Have you tried asking your accommodation or the tourist office if they have any transport contacts?

Dolomiti Stars are used for the Birthday Bash, but there's no current transfer info as far as I can see: http://dolomitistars.dolomiti.org/index.cfm/transfer-eng/

There are also two bus companies linked from the Dolomiti Superski website: http://www.cortinaexpress.it/?lang=en and http://www.suedtirolbus.it/

Hope that helps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

there's no current transfer info as far as I can see

it's presumably too early - they are still in summer mode I expect.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks people. My hotel offered my a private taxi which was nice, but of course more expensive than my flight. And more expensive than buying a car and hiring Valantino Rossi to chauffeur it.

I think you may be right Pam, too early it seems.

Guess I'll give it a month or so and see what they have to say.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've done Covara a few times. If you can cope with Ryanair, their car hire is very cheap. If you can cope with flying Ryanair, Treviso is cheaper too fly to and closer to Corvara too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Collets might seem have space on their transfer
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Dolomiti Superstar info has usually gone online in early October, so probably not long to wait.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Legend., Don't panic! You can get a reasonably priced coach transfer between Venice and Corvara using Cortina Express, I did it with 3 friends when we returned from Colfosco (having used a Venice Cabs taxi service from the airport to Colfosco because our arrival time would have meant too long a wait for the coach transfer). The winter timetable isn't up yet on their website, but the coach from Venice Marco Polo or Treviso airports goes to the bus station in Cortina, where you then change onto another coach for Corvara/Colfosco.

If you should want a private taxi transfer however, as I said previously I used Venice Cabs and was pleased with their service. You'll see from the link that their 2015 one way fare for a taxi for 4 to 6 passengers from Venice Marco Polo airport to any of the Val Badia ski resorts (which includes Corvara) was 225 Euros (total price), which for 5 people is about £35 p.p
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used Cortina Express from Corvara to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Very easy and very reliable - with an easy change of coaches at Cortina Bus Station. The Winter timetable is published in November. Here are the times for 2014-2015. They were very similar to 2013-14 so I guess 15-16 will be similar again:

Venice to Corvara
Venice Aeroporto 14:15 Cortina a16:20 Cortina d17:00 Corvara 18:07
Venice Aeroporto 17:00 Cortina a 19:20 Cortina d 19:45 Corvara 20:45

Corvara to Venice
Corvara 09:30 Cortina a10:50 Cortina d11:30 Venice Aeroporto 13:30
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were in Corvara in February of this year - 5 adults and 2 children all with skis and luggage. We flew to Verona and hired a people carrier - Fiat Scudo 8 seater to drive up to Corvara.

Was far cheaper than any transfer option - plus we had the car to pootle about in and go down into town for supplies/meals etc.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Car hire means a possible trip up to Badia, Cortina, Falzrego pass, Kronplatz, Alleghe etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me plus 3 all adults plus bags and 2 sets of skis in 1st week of March are doing the Venice to Corvara route and have hired a Merc Vito (large van type thing) for £231 for a week. And as ropetow and others say this gives the freedom to use the vehicle for trips which can be easily done as the Dolomites are not like the French Alps ie the road network allows for easy travel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the Dolomites are not like the French Alps ie the road network allows for easy travel

Puzzled Hmm. Some bits of the Dolomites are easier to travel round than some bits of the French Alps. And vice versa. Travelling into Arabba from the west (even with clear roads) is fairly tortuous. Albeit very beautiful.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Also been looking in to transfer options to Alta Badia but the problem seems to be that no one will supply a car with winter tyres on hire cars from Venice. Does anyone have any further insights on this?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy