Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on the box

Poster: A snowHead
Start of skiing on EuroSport this Saturday and Sunday from Austria
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice if you have access.
Us poor free to view peasants don't get nuffink 'cept a few hours of Ski Sunday once a year Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very snowy and grey at Solden this morning.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grizzler wrote:
Nice if you have access.
Us poor free to view peasants don't get nuffink 'cept a few hours of Ski Sunday once a year Sad
if you want it...buy it
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lol it's Eurosport - 50% chance of it actually being tennis instead of what's written in the schedules Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grizzler, A dish and decoder box are not very expensive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Grizzler, Monthly pass for EuroSport is a tenner
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Grizzler, appropriate name
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you have a second LNB pointing to the Astra 1 position (19.2 deg E) then you can get free German Eurosport which covers the skiing (as well as many other foreign mainly German language channels). Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
lol it's Eurosport - 50% chance of it actually being tennis instead of what's written in the schedules Wink

Hmm - 50% tennis, 50% skiing. That's a sports package which I could go for Smile But as far as I know you can't just subscribe to ES, can you? For £10 a month, especially for half the year, I might get it.
Have dish, what's a decoder?
For more than £10pm though, please don't call me for not being able to afford some ludicrous monthly amount just to be able to watch a few bits of the only sport which I have any real interest in (plus some tennis in the background if I must). Enough blinking football, rugby, cricket, snooker, running, cycling and others on free TV now; 'bout time snow sports got a look in too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not enough cricket on free tv. Snowsports is a real minority viewing sport and you can stream the non racing stuff easily enough.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eurosport player: £40/year or £10/month. On internet.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 27-10-18 18:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Grizzler, If you already have a dish and box then just point it at 19.2E as described by Alastair Pink. I moved my dish last night.

I think French Eurosport is available unencrypted from a different Astra satellite, can't remember the position though, I have some big trees in that direction so haven't bothered trying it.

skimottaret was suggesting using the Eurosport streaming service over the internet, you wouldn't need to subscribe to any other channel.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs wrote:
skimottaret was suggesting using the Eurosport streaming service over the internet, you wouldn't need to subscribe to any other channel.

Can you point the old fashioned technophobe in a general direction of being able to translate that and put it into action (do not have internet connected TV; will it work via laptop?) Cheers.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stream on laptop and chromecast to tv. Chromecast gizmo approx £30.
ski holidays
It works via laptop I think (sure we did that before we worked out how to do it on the telly), and it has a catch up function so you can watch what you want whenever (although it's confusing as they seem to have 3 different vids of the same thing, usually one in English, one German, one silent!). Ski jumping starts soon as well...
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
@Grizzler, If you already have a dish and box then just point it at 19.2E as described by Alastair Pink. I moved my dish last night.

That'll work but you'll lose the Freesat/Sky channels which broadcast from the Astra2 position at 28 deg E until you move the dish back. The alternatives are to have a second dedicated dish pointing to 19.2 E, or to have one dish fitted with 2 LNBs offset horizontally, one for Freesat/Sky at 28 deg E and the other one for the foreign channels including German Eurosport at 19.2 deg E.
ski holidays
Grizzler wrote:
rjs wrote:

Can you point the old fashioned technophobe in a general direction of being able to translate that and put it into action (do not have internet connected TV; will it work via laptop?) Cheers.

Yes it will work on a laptop. Here's the Eurosport website link: https://www.eurosport.co.uk/watch-eurosport-live-stream.shtml
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
rjs wrote:

That'll work but you'll lose the Freesat/Sky channels which broadcast from the Astra2 position at 28 deg E until you move the dish back. The alternatives are to have a second dedicated dish pointing to 19.2 E, or to have one dish fitted with 2 LNBs offset horizontally, one for Freesat/Sky at 28 deg E and the other one for the foreign channels including German Eurosport at 19.2 deg E.

You guys are living in the 80s don't you know there are motorized dishes nowadays? Dad has it but rarely uses now as his magbox is so much better. All the broadcast channels across Europe for around £150 per year.
snow report
cad99uk wrote:
Eurosport player: £40/year or £10/month. On internet.

^^^^This.
Worth it for skiing and Le Mans alone as far as I'm concerned. Multi platform so can use PC/laptop, phone or Smart TV (providing you can get the app, my TV doesn't have it). I think my subscription last year was actually when they had a deal on so only paid £30. Plenty of access to winter sports, including catch up, and the other stuff thrown in just in case you're interested.
snow report
Gainz wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
rjs wrote:

You guys are living in the 80s don't you know there are motorized dishes nowadays?

Yes I know about motorised dishes and thought of mentioning that as a third option but decided against as it's more expensive than the 2 LNB on a fixed dish option. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
ElzP wrote:
and it has a catch up function so you can watch what you want whenever (although it's confusing as they seem to have 3 different vids of the same thing, usually one in English, one German, one silent!

Actually, this makes it better than on normal TV. It means you can watch the skiing when you've set your tellybox to record Eurosport 1, as per the EPG, and it's suddenly been changed to Eurosport 2 and you've got 2 hours of snooker. Also, you can watch the version without the inane witterings of Nick Fellows and the other garrulous English commentators. And as a bonus, you can watch all the race instead of the usual 30, (and only if they have time, and there's nothing else live coming up, sometimes it's not even 30), so you can see the Brit who is due to race at No. 54 who you never usually get to see as he/she never qualifies for the second leg. So, well worth it, I reckon. (I also watch the figure skating which BBC lost interest in after Torville and Dean retired.)
latest report
Gainz wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
rjs wrote:

You guys are living in the 80s don't you know there are motorized dishes nowadays? Dad has it but rarely uses now as his magbox is so much better. All the broadcast channels across Europe for around £150 per year.

Yup
You can also get toroidal dish if your only interested in a few satellites.
I used to have a motorised dish, but now I just IPTV services & there is an android that basically turns any cheap android box into a MAG box (I had a mag box, lent it to a mate as use Emby & Plex)
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
If you have a second LNB pointing to the Astra 1 position (19.2 deg E) then you can get free German Eurosport which covers the skiing (as well as many other foreign mainly German language channels). Smile

or just use the internet

https://i.reddit.com/r/LiveTvLinks
snow report
maggi wrote:
ElzP wrote:
and it has a catch up function so you can watch what you want whenever (although it's confusing as they seem to have 3 different vids of the same thing, usually one in English, one German, one silent!

Also, you can watch the version without the inane witterings of Nick Fellows and the other garrulous English commentators.

But you can also choose to listen to the joyous and life-enhancing commentary of David Goldstrom on the ski jumping, and every season get an update on the life of Frank in Spain and Sue in Birmingham! wink

Agree on all the rest by the way, especially being able to watch the whole thing rather than just the last rounds, makes such a difference with the skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy