Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Sold out?

Poster: A snowHead
Am currently trying to book accommodation for 8 guys in St anton, or St Jakob, seem to be struggling, am happy to slip into groups of two 4's, though an 8 person apartment would be ideal

can't seem to find anything available except the really expensive places, will everywhere actually be sold out already?

dates we will be travelling on are 28/01/17 - 01/02/17

tried looking on st anton website, and booking.com etc and am not getting a whole lot of joy, any advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They won't commit to a short trip. Not sold out but they hang out for full weeks. Try the big hotels like Schwarzadler, Post, Alte Post, Arlberg, Sport, Raffls or wait and take a chance. I think you'll struggle, sorry.

Or pay for a full week and leave 3 days early. St Anton does not struggle to fill beds, they'll hang out and sell full weeks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paying for the full week is fine, but still am not seemingly finding very much out there
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What @Markymark29 says. Most will hold out for week long (usually Sat-Sat) bookings, especially this far out, hence only the more expensive places with offerings. I know one of the Danish tour ops do accom in some of the pensions for Sat-Sat, Sat-Wed, Wed-Wed or Wed-Sat bookings, might be worth looking at going through them if the exchange rate makes it worth while.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not so hard is it? http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?src=index&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Findex.en-gb.html%3Flabel%3Dgen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaCyIAQOYAS64AQfIAQ3YAQPoAQGoAgM%3Bsid%3Dd87f10935e5e2861470b7eb71acabd75%3Bsb_price_type%3Dtotal%26%3B&label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaCyIAQOYAS64AQfIAQ3YAQPoAQGoAgM&lang=en-gb&sid=d87f10935e5e2861470b7eb71acabd75&sb=1&ss=Sankt+Anton+am+Arlberg%2C+Tyrol%2C+Austria&checkin_monthday=28&checkin_year_month=2017-1&checkout_monthday=1&checkout_year_month=2017-2&sb_travel_purpose=leisure&room1=A%2CA%2CA%2CA%2CA%2CA%2CA%2CA&no_rooms=4&group_adults=8&group_children=0&dest_type=city&dest_id=-1990053&ac_pageview_id=c5047ac1362301cc&ss_raw=St+anton&ac_position=0&ac_suggestion_list_length=5&ac_langcode=en&ac_position=0&ac_langcode=en
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
8-pers. apartments are very scarce anyhow, and especially in Austria.
My guess would be to wait with booking until early January; then more hosts are willing to rent out for shorter than a full week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about Sidney Reilly on here. Fellow Very Happy with a few apartments in st Anton.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mikeholmes25, Stayed here in Jan 2016 — www.europahotel.at/en/ It was fab, and our dates were 10 days, they had not problems with us leaving mid-week.

Also note that loads of hotels and apartments in St. Anton will show as fully booked on Booking.com; but if you call the establishment direct, they will have availability.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Since we've switched to Austria we've had the same problem
You have 3 choice
1) Book 4 nights now (dearest option)
2) Book the full week ( most choice )
3) Wait until 1-4 weeks before you go ( Cheapest ?? as they want sell the rooms but may not be the best locations ??)

This is the official St Anton site ,i done a search for 2 people

7 night bookings ,I click total price then map view to see where they are

http://booking.stantonamarlberg.com/stanton/en/accommodation/searchresult?selNights=7&selNumberOfUnits=1&customHeader=true&selLocation=B0B6E1FF-458F-46CD-92B5-C19579439611&selArrivalDate=20170128&selAdultsSearchLine1=2&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

You can change the dates as there was a few places with 4 night bookings
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Anton Hotel used to have an 8 person apartment called I think the Japanese Apartment. I got quotes from them for 4 nights previously.

Update: It's called the Anton 10 Loft

http://hotelanton.com/en/wohnen-im-anton/anton-10/

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 8-09-16 12:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another member of our group has managed to book us all a place in pettneu, so while it means a bus to the lifts and a taxi back in the evening (or do the buses run late?) it was significantly cheaper than staying in St Anton proper! Just need the advance train tickets to come on sale now!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mikeholmes25, Pett neu is a good choice. That's where I always stay as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mikeholmes25 wrote:
Another member of our group has managed to book us all a place in pettneu, so while it means a bus to the lifts and a taxi back in the evening (or do the buses run late?) it was significantly cheaper than staying in St Anton proper! Just need the advance train tickets to come on sale now!

Not sure where you are flying to but with 8 of you a private transfer may even work out to be the same price or cheaper and a lot less hassle. Most of the transfer companies use 8 seater Caravelle's and are obviously direct rather than for example Innsbruck Airport to Hbf to St Anton and bus / taxi to Pettneu.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not everyone will want to release dates to Booking.com so far in advance. They charge apartment owners and hoteliers a fortune in commission. I did list on there for a short while, and even had a booking or two, but by the time I'd paid out all my other expenses, I was out of pocket. After that I only listed weeks at short notice.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not everyone will want to release dates to Booking.com so far in advance. They charge apartment owners and hoteliers a fortune in commission. I did list on there for a short while, and even had a booking or two, but by the time I'd paid out all my other expenses, I was out of pocket. After that I only listed weeks at short notice.
ski holidays
Is there a Tourist Office in St.Anton? If there is, I would try asking them as well. TOs often have useful contacts locally and may also have owners who deal direct (avoiding the commission of websites and agencies) and are on the TO approved list.
snow report
Bookings.com is a necassary evil for them, the smaller hotels won't release much if anything to them so far in advance. I've never yet booked a ski holiday with them, OK for odd stop offs on route but for main stays I email direct.
latest report
Quote:

Not sure where you are flying to but with 8 of you a private transfer may even work out to be the same price or cheaper and a lot less hassle. Most of the transfer companies use 8 seater Caravelle's and are obviously direct rather than for example Innsbruck Airport to Hbf to St Anton and bus / taxi to Pettneu.

flying into zurich, however for various reasons, we may not all be travelling the resort together. most of us are going to stay the night in zurich and get the first (0640) train over. looked into private transfer and wasn't really cost effective in comparison to advance booking of trains
snow report
Check Arlberg Express.
Organized bus shuttle from Zürich Airport at 50 euro p.p. one way, 4 times per day; 10.00, 13.00, 16.00 and 19.00 hrs
ski holidays
Quote:

Check Arlberg Express.
Organized bus shuttle from Zürich Airport at 50 euro p.p. one way, 4 times per day; 10.00, 13.00, 16.00 and 19.00 hrs

Did look at that, but we arrive into Zurich late, 22:35, and this way, we can grab a few hours sleep in a hotel by the station, get up early, catch a few zzz's on the train, arrive in st Anton for 0858, chuck the bags in a ski locker and hit the slopes straight away! After a full day we can then ride over to pettneu to drop off the gear and change, then head back out again for a little refreshment!
snow report
@mikeholmes25, Good plan, Pettneu is OK, fast bus too. We're there at that time too, maybe see you in Galzigbistrobar right next to Galzigbahn for a beer, maybe a few turns! Toofy Grin
latest report
Last Free bus back to Pettneu is around 17:55

And the Last Postbus runs at 19:35 St Antonto Pettneu.

Folk in staying Pettneu dont really go for Apres Ski they go back after skiing and stay in Pettneu till the morning.

Taxis are expensive

You can walk it takes about 1.25 -1.5hrs depending on the weather.
latest report
And once the Postbus finishes, there are night busses that run until something like 3:30 am. €5 each. Taxis aren't that expensive, especially when there are 8 of you, probably works out cheaper than bus.
snow conditions
Yeah, I'm fairly certain we won't struggle to get between the two!
snow report
Which will be more expensive ? 4 nights in Pettneu or 1 night in a hotel near the station in Zurich ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy