Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This board from ebay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a cheap beginners board for messing about on up North

Will this do the job and be ok for some bindings for a size 5.5 boot?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150-Heli-Brand-New-Freeride-Snowboard-for-Beginners-to-Intermediate-Riders-/311432206050?hash=item4882ce56e2

Any thoughts much appreciated as I only know about skis

Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-09-15 15:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's an "off brand" (read: cheap) board. I've never ridden one and wouldn't bother, because I can afford Burton/ Lib Tech etc.
So the main thing to understand is that the retail price of these is significantly less than mainstream brands.

My advice to beginners is to rent, because as a beginner your experience changes so quickly that you will not want to ride the same board after a couple of days as you are to start with. Bear in mind also that most people will give up before they "grow into" a snowboard - you need to buy a board you can ride right now, as you need to ride to learn. Most people take no notice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As they helpfully explain Heli are about as generic a brand as is possible. At that price there's less than £20 of materials in it and it shows in relatively low spec like the extruded base. But the price is about as low as it ever gets for a new board so I'd say go for it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mm think I'll try and stick to getting used well known makes.

Is just to save the hassle renting on day trips up north so don't mind if used and abused- and then if any of us decide we really like boarding will then look to investing in some decent kit in the future. If we board when abroad will definitely rent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MCL, It's usually best, unless you you have industry knowledge of who makes what for whom in the same factory on the same production lines, to buy 'mainstream' and buying a season or two's remaindered equipment is going to give you a great product at significant (if nearer true) price. It is true that you can buy 'off brand' equipment that is essentially the same as the market leaders . . . you just have to go and dig out the information and research to know which one to throw your wallet at.

I'd go with @philwig's advice for beginning, rent and trash or rent and experience the different board types, responses, feel, before splashing cash.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy