Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to find twin rooms in Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Starting to plan for winter and there's half a dozen of us looking at a fortnight or so in Whistler.
All we seem to be finding in the apartments and condo's is double rooms or bunks.
With 6 lads travelling together we were really hoping for a place with three twin rooms but can't seem to find this anywhere.
Anyone got experience of Whistler and can point is in the right direction.

Priorities seem to be cheap and cheerful and proximity to the lifts/town.

Cheers
Mike.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheap n cheerful + close to lifts + Whistler is a non existent combination. Add in requirement for single beds and you're stuffed. Bunk rooms or get a place big enough to put down air mattresses would seem to be the best bet OR 3 hotel rooms (should be possible to get at least 2 of those with connecting doors to make a mini suite) I'd go for the latter probably.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, yeah, I'm beginning to lean towards the same conclusion. I don't think we'd object to bunks but it's just that every place is double beds in at least one room.
I'm surprised, surely we're not the only people looking for it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fastandicy, we booked condos independently at Glacier's Reach through Allura Direct. Our double room could be split into twin beds if necessary. Might take a bit or work and emailing owners to find the right solution. We weren't that close to lifts in Village North, but the bus was right outside the door and an easy walk in the evenings for drinks and dinner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @Hells Bells, Just having a look on that site now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fastandicy wrote:
I don't think we'd object to bunks but it's just that every place is double beds in at least one room.
I'm surprised, surely we're not the only people looking for it.

Condos are set up for families. Hence the one large bed for two in at least one of the room. Though I must say double bed is not the norm. Queen size bed is more typical.

You have a couple of options:

1) If you don't mind sharing bed between 2 lads, look for a room that has a queen or kind size bed. Might work out ok.

2) If you MUST have your own bed, air mattress is about the only alternative. Just make sure the room is large enough to fit one.

When most of us Americans travel, we tend to regard double bed as a one-person-sleep-arrangement! But many of us, especially women, would not hesitate to share a queen size bed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, thanks for the comment.
I managed to find s place on that website which is pretty perfect and have now booked it.
The power of snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@fastandicy, Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

When most of us Americans travel, we tend to regard double bed as a one-person-sleep-arrangement!

I do, too! And the best size for 2 people is super king size, We found that the hotels we used in Florida (cheap ones) had 2 large double beds in. One for us, one for two little boys and the baby, six weeks old, slept in a drawer......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy