Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed re season ski pass and accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would really appreciate some advice from my fellow snow head's regarding season passes and accommodation . I am a 55 year old male level 7/8 who has skied in France, Bulgaria, Austria and Italy. I am retired and wish to spend a lot more time skiing over the coming season with a view to eventually having a go at off piste and have considered using a camper van or caravan to cut down on accommodation costs. The caravan would be sited on a convenient all year site but the camper van could be moved from resort to resort parking in lift car parks or if necessary the occasional camp site? From previous postings I am led to believe staying in lift car parks may be frowned upon in Austria ? Regarding the season pass I am considering the Dolomiti superski (Aosta valley too expensive) Tirol snow card (can it be bought in UK via internet), Kitzbüheler Alpen AllStarCard and Salzburger ski card. Regarding France I have considered the Grand Massif pass and Mont Blanc evasion (The Three valleys, Espace killy and Paradiski seem quite expensive) Am I right in thinking that Austria may be the better option for traveling around due to the generally lower altitudes and valley based resorts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't speak for Austria. The Grand Massif annual pass is very good value if bought before mid December. I recall a few camper vans parked up at the bottom of the Molliets chair above Les Carroz in the large car park without appearing to be troubled to move on. Have you thought about the Portes du Soleil too? Lots of places to base yourself in.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Greetings Dogberry.

Bergmeister may well be along to advise on the Tirol Snow Card - he and Mrs B bought one last year and skied all over, including loads of great unheard of in UK areas.

A big plus with the Tirol ticket is that it covers glaciers - so you can ski something like Oct/Nov to May.

They ended up booking cheap self-catering digs all over the place, which I understand worked out very well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Tirol pass is great value. October through to middle of May for c700 euro. Lots of camping options in Austria. Loads of people stay for the season at the Camping Mayrhofen. I think from memory it is about 1k for winter season, plus the extras that you use. Campervan would be awesome though as you could cover more ground and ride more of the resorts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Expect the Grand Massif season pass will be around 440 or so Euro if bought (usually) before 10 December. There is a camp site adjacent to the Grand Massif Express in Samoens which appears to have winter campers there but not paid that much attention to that option. Bakery across the road and maybe a 300m walk to village centre. GM season pass will give you a number of free awaydays at other resorts too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everybody for the information so far. Would appreciate more advice re Austria and Dolomiti superski pass.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy