Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'isere to Val T

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

I'm after suggestions for the best way to do the following trip...

I have already booked a package holiday with mates to be in Val T from Sat 7th Jan for a week.

I have a friend working a season in Val d'isere and I'd like to go and have a few days staying with him from Monday 4th Jan, then I'm going to head across the hills to meet the guys in Val T. Work commitments mean I can't get there until the 4th, so I'd like to know the best way y'all think to make it work. Do I drive so I have the car in France? Do I fly to Grenoble and rent, dropping the car in Val T (can I even do this? I've already got transfers booked form Val T back to Grenoble...) or can anyone suggest alternatives?

The difficult aspects as I see it are my flying on a non-transfer day, and my getting from Val d'isere to Val T...

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
*Saturday 9th
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can certainly do a one way car hire to Bourg from Grenoble. Then public bus (or hitch-hike?! ) to Val-D: back to Bourg on the Saturday, train to Moutiers and bus to Val-T...

Or bus to Brides les Bains, lift up to Meribel, and ski over to Val T with a rucksack full of clean undies, and a credit card for the rest.

Or take the car!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do you mean monday jan 2nd?
what is the travel package on your VT holiday? if you fail to fly the outbound leg does that mean you can't fly the rest?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LukeRibs, Are you sure you can get a flight to Grenoble midweek ? There have been a few posts suggesting that there will be fewer flights next winter.

If you can get to Grenoble airport that day, maybe look at bus to Grenoble train station then train to Bourg St Maurice then bus to Val d'Isere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alternative 1
fly to Geneva
Train to Bourg st Maurice and bus from there to Val d'Isere or transfer coach all the way.
Bus to Bourg, train to Moutier and bus to Val Thorens
Continue holiday

Alternative 2

train all the way to Bourg and bus to Val d'Isere or even fly to Paris and get the train from there and follow 1 or 3 from there

Alternative 3

From Val d'Isere to Val Thorens find the TV programme giving two alternatives for the journey (ski sunday or something like it)
Or Ski to Tignes, go upto Col de Palet, Ski down what is largely GR5 to Champagny, bus to Courchevel, ski over from there to Val Thorens

For all options you will do your research on prices, schedules conections.

I am not sure what problems you are thinking about with a non ski transfer day - public transport runs on most days
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@johnE, +1 Start with altibus.com for GVA to Val D, and then look at mobisavoie.fr for a range of options for Val D to Val T.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I meant Monday 2nd...

So I think best option looks to be a cheap flight to GVA, train up to Bourg then a transfer / hitch up to Val d'Isere.

Then to get from Val d'I to Val T - back into Bourg, then to Moutier on the train, then on a bus up.

@mishmash, I'll look into that as I hadn't thought it would be problem....

Thanks very much @Arctic Roll, @johnE,
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just get the altibus from Geneva direct to val D. You could also check the Tarentaise transfers group on FB to see if you can find a shared transfer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy