Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guides required for visually impaired cross country skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear fellow snowHead s

Cross country skiing doesn't seem to feature much on the forum (unless I've missed it please correct me if I have) but a friend has asked me to post this here in case anyone is able to help:-

Visually Impaired - Cross Country Skiing.

Could you be a ski-guide?

The purpose of our group is to enable visually impaired people to enjoy the freedom and challenge of cross-country skiing. We achieve this by arranging an annual holiday - an opportunity for visually impaired people and sighted guides to ski together, learn from each other and have fun. Our group does not have charitable status, nor (at present) is it a club, we are simply a self-organised group of people who love to ski!

This year we had a very successful holiday in Yllas (Finland).
Next year (28/02/2016-06/03/2016) we plan to return to the same area, staying in Akas Lompolo.
Our group is led by at least one licensed instructor and we offer a £100 discount for sighted guides.

If you think you might enjoy skiing with us we would very much like to hear from you.
All we ask is that you are a competent cross-country skier with a friendly disposition and a willingness to assist visually impaired people get the most out of skiing and their holiday experience.
In return we can promise a rewarding and fun time!

You can find our Google group by searching "visually impaired cross country skiing".
Alternatively you can contact John Haynes at john@jmhservices.co.uk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy