Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which jacket?

Poster: A snowHead
I am in need of a new ski jacket - budget runs £200 to £300, although I would prefer to spend a lot less.

Looking for something waterpoof, warm, plenty of pockets c/w hood and in black or mainly black.

Any snowHead 's seen or bought anything similar recently?

Thanks

CP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By all means spend a lot less - I've been recommending these since I got mine 3-4 yrs ago and been selling them here over the past year with no complaints yet.
It performs way beyond what you'd expect for the cost.
I've used it in -20 comfortably 5 pockets + 1 for phone, wired packaway hood, available in black or mainly black Wink

Details and not very good pic
Feedback from other snoHeads
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the details link says

Code:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./templates/subBlack/snowGear-munro.tpl does not exist

that cannot be good
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am also in the market for some new kit... so I will hijack this thread with my requests Very Happy

Jacket: goretex or similar quality techy shell.
: Zip in fleece (full body or body warmer is okay)
: Pocket on left wrist for magic ski passes
: Powder skirt, preferably one that will popper onto matching trousers
: lots of vents (I get hot!)

Trousers : Goretex or whatever
: braces, but not too dungaree like! (this may conflict with the popper onto snow skirt not sure!
: cooling vents all around.
: inbuilt gaiters around the cuff
: Jacket + trousers combo should NOT look like a one piece from a distance!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CP, if you quickly clock up another 133 posts it'll be even cheaper. Ready, Steady, GO!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's right. I've done 7600 posts and people pay me to wear Bogner.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, that's only fair, nobody in their right mind would wear it for free surely?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You don't think I look fetching like this?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*paging a tactful snowhead*
*paging a tactful snowhead*
wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alan empty wrote:
CP, if you quickly clock up another 133 posts it'll be even cheaper. Ready, Steady, GO!

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alan empty wrote:

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alan empty wrote:

130 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP, U please save us ! Give him the discount !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eEvans, I've stopped now - honest Toofy Grin

129 Twisted Evil
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CP, here's another blank opportunity ..
latest report
I've bought myself a Dainese jacket (which i think is refered to as 'Quality schmutter',not punter wear) ready for this year. its got all the pockets, looks good (imho)snd can have body armour or a fleece zipped in. So at least i will look the part, just have to make sure no one sees me ski
snow conditions
eEvans wrote:
CP, here's another blank opportunity ..
Damn I missed it
snow conditions
mistermouse, Only punter wear for me thanks - I know how I ski Very Happy In the late 80's I had a red all in one suit and more than once was mistaken for a French ski instructor - while standing still of course!! My friends used to take the p1$$ and called me the 'Monitor'.

CP
latest report
fragglerock, sounds like the North Face Freethinker jacket might be to your taste, depending on budget of course. Not sure if it has zip-in fleece capability though. Why have a zip-in fleece anyway? About as much use as zip-in undies as far as I can see Twisted Evil
snow report
I have a Berghaus jacket & zip in fleece and cannot see the point ! Never been mistaken for and instructor though.
My new North Face Hyvent jacket was fine up the glacier last week without the fleece underlay, and only a single baselayer.
The Berghaus fleece caused extensive overheating so should be a good combo for Jan temps.
ski holidays
lampbus, were your sleeves rolled up and your 'tabs' tucked in? Little Angel
snow report
Millets has really good gear at really good prices.
snow conditions
easiski,

How are the new ski pants..?

And I liked some of the Millet mid layers in Jutta's shop.. I almost wish I bought one there and then but as I don't need anything I thought I would wait until I see one that jumps out and says buy me...!!
And I might need that CC limit for skiing so its understandable.....just...!!
ski holidays
I got a Schoeffel jacket from Snow and Rock in their summer ski sale (clearing out for the new stuff!). Got a Recco built in, gore tex, comfy, warm etc etc - pretty quality. RRP was £300 but with all the discounts i had in my arsenal that day got for £140. Pretty good deal I thought?!!

Are Schoeffel good? anyone else use 'em? (going to Ellmau 2nd week of Jan for 2 weeks- not been skiing before!)
latest report
fragglerock wrote:
I am also in the market for some new kit... so I will hijack this thread with my requests Very Happy
Well while you're here, let me tell u about the Keela Munro Wink ....
Quote:

Jacket: goretex or similar quality techy shell. Yes
: Zip in fleece (full body or body warmer is okay) No but why?
: Pocket on left wrist for magic ski passes No but 5/6 other pockets
: Powder skirt, preferably one that will popper onto matching trousers Yes skirt but not the trouser bit
: lots of vents (I get hot!) Yes
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/snowStuff.php?snowThing=munro

Trousers : Goretex or whatever
: braces, but not too dungaree like! (this may conflict with the popper onto snow skirt not sure!
: cooling vents all around.
: inbuilt gaiters around the cuff
: Jacket + trousers combo should NOT look like a one piece from a distance!

U might like to check out
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/snowStuff.php?snowThing=alpine
PM me if u have any questions.
snow conditions
conor wrote:
fragglerock, sounds like the North Face Freethinker jacket might be to your taste, depending on budget of course. Not sure if it has zip-in fleece capability though. Why have a zip-in fleece anyway? About as much use as zip-in undies as far as I can see Twisted Evil

The freethinker doesn't have a zip in fleece but you're far better off with separate layers anyway (other than in town where it's marginally more convenient). Great jacket though, and there may well be one in my cupboard before too long... (yes I know the munro will probably do just as good a job - my nickname isn't 'kit boy' for nothing Very Happy)
latest report
116 - I am not going to make the purchase by Christmas by the look of it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
CP, Must try harder ... post something inane on every other thread ... I get away with it Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eEvans,
Quote:

I get away with it

I think that should read.....You got away with it Toofy Grin
latest report
mistermouse, yeah, the google pocket holds me spray can nice wiv me bottle wen I hang out wiv me mates out the back of the estate !

Actual real graffiti turned up on my side gate last week - unknown (almost) in Ovingham! Problem was, the paint in the tin hasnt faded as much as the paint on the gates so a full repaint was required.

The Berghaus chav image was one reason I went North Face this time.
snow report
eddyr, Welcome to Snowheads, I have a very old Schoeffol jacket that has been superb, ripped panels replaced FOC by them when I mailed it back (2 years after purchase). Schoeffel are, IMHO, a very good brand. Layers (that you don't sweat in) are the best way to go under the jacket. Have fun in Scheffau, I had my best ever (to date) time there in my second year of skiing (some time ago now Sad ) once you get the big cable car thing out the way in the morning its a great place to be, make sure to get to "Going" part of the ski welt area and def worth a visit.
ski holidays
cheers frosty,

Really excited I must say, i'm sure i'll have plenty mroe questions as time goes on.
Sticking to the thread though - sounds a good omen for my jacket should i enjoy laying on the snow more than skiing down it!!
snow conditions
100 to go Toofy Grin
snow conditions
CP, You can always Paypal your way to a higher standing for a better discount...but you might have to donate more than you save!....Go for it anyway, it's a good cause and a great jacket.
ski holidays
Soixante Neuf to go - now that's some takeaway Toofy Grin
snow report
admin, I thought I had sent you a PM yesterday re ordering the jacket, trousers and a gilet - but I can't see it in my sent box and I've not had a response.

Did you get the message or has disappeared into the ether?
snow report
CP, a PM remains in your outbox until it is read - then it moves to your sent box.

Sorry, I wasn't around yesterday so it was still in your outbox.
I'll reply now.
snow report
admin, There is another one there now too - the order and I will pay to upgrade to super-snowHead just to prove I am not that tight Very Happy

As they say 'your cheque is in the post'

Thanks
ski holidays
500 up!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
CP, You should be certified ... AND you paid up !!!!! So have you got the jacket?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy