Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF childcare in la rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I have just booked a ski olympic holiday to la rosiere in april (just outside uk school holidays) and am hoping for some reassurance on ESF in la rosiere.
I have booked my soon to be 4 year old into piou piou lessons plus kids club 9-1.15 and my 2 year old into their les galopins baby club for the same time. I have been impressed with their service so far but I'm getting a little worried that they will be the only English kids and/or it will just to too overwhelming for my 4 year old particularly.
I went with this option over ski operator childcare for a central chalet, pool in the building, separate bedrooms and reasonable flight times. Wondering if I've made the right decision? Alternative is to cancel ESF and book a private nanny.
They both attend nursery here no problem and my 3 year old is a good "joiner!"" loves her swimming lessons, gym class etc
Anyone with any recent experience of this situation or advice?
thanks in advance!
Snow heads newbie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jennyfire, what are your dates? You may not be outside the school hols as hampshire and other areas starts a week later than the rest of the country meaning that we are going out on the 12th april, the second week of our school holidays
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My two attended piou piou (on separate occasions) when they were 4 outside the school holiday period and there were other English speaking children around, though I dont think that they interacted with the others particularly. I think that the language barrier may bother the parents more than the children! We were in Les Essert, which I got the impression had more British visitors than the main village.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Nicky. I hadn't thought of that. Yes we are also going on 12th April! Feels very late.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jennyfire, I know - it also has felt a long time to wait BUT the cost was significantly cheaper, my fingers are firmly crossed and I keep watching the weather forecasts and web cams.

Less than 6 weeks now Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Same here. Am a bit obsessed with snow reports. Yes much cheaper. Only way we can do it with four of us these days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jennyfire, My experience is not recent (six years ago) but I have used the ESF childcare and ski school in La Rosiere you mentioned. The building is purpose built and well equipped as far as I remember. The staff were fine. My son did Flocon and it went very well. My daughter who was 3 did Club Piou Piou and that was not so successful..the reason being that it was New Year and bitterly cold. I think going at Easter you will be fine. It will be much warmer at resort level and you are going in a very quiet week so the instructor/child ratio will be much better and the Piou Piou area will be quieter.

I think the lunch club is definitely a good idea and my two both stayed on for that. There was another English girl there and my two made friends with her. The majority of children were French that week but I did not feel worried as I knew my children had each other for company and by the time they had finished their 2 1/2 hr lesson there was only a short time in the crèche for lunch. In order to ski over to La Thuile you will definitely need the lunch club to make the most of the ski area. In your position I would check before booking that there is at least one member of staff who speaks English. When you are there maybe check the lunch menu at drop off and warn them of any foods your children might not eat. My son recalls he wanted a cheese biscuit without cheese one day and didn't seem to be able to get it! However overall I'm sure my two were happy enough at the time.

I think you have chosen a good week to go as hopefully the slopes will be quiet. Whilst we did not use ski Olympic we chose self catering with Ski Collection over Esprit as we thought the Esprit chalets looked basic for the price and the travel arrangements were too restrictive. Going the way we did we were able to travel by Eurostar and stay in a really nice apartment with a pool. I'm sure you will have a really good time.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you snowy mum that is all very reassuring.
Yes I'm hoping warmth and sun will help the girls even if it doesn't help the snow for us!
As long as there is one other English speaker as you described they will be fine. Fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jennyfire,

Which Ski O chalet have you booked? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mollerski
Grand Planica
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Alternative is to cancel ESF and book a private nanny.

there is another alternative..... wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jennyfire wrote:
@Mollerski
Grand Planica

Jackpot! A top Cornish crew of Megan and Rob at the CGP.

You'll have a great time.

If the guitar makes an appearance, request 'Emmylou', it's excellent. wink

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 3-03-15 22:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mollerski,

hurray! thanks for the tip! Very Happy

@pam w,
what other alternative??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

what other alternative??

look after them yourself? Revolutionary thought, I know.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

what other alternative??

Revolutionary thought, I know.....

Just plain crazy! Razz
latest report
Mollerski wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

what other alternative??

Revolutionary thought, I know.....

Just plain crazy! Razz

Agreed .... Come on Pam your suggestions to utilise grandparents I can accept but this is just going a step too far. Happy
snow conditions
Laughing I just thought it was faintly hilarious that the alternative wasn't obvious, especially with the winky smiley. It is actually possible, you know and lots of people actually do it!
snow conditions
@Jennyfire,

So how was it at the CGP?
ski holidays
We are there now and it is great, everything running smoothly. Which is amazing with two little ones. Gorgeous weather and plenty of snow certainly helping. Thank for asking!!
snow conditions
Good news. I was in La Ros three weeks ago, the snow conditions were iffy. There will be less staff to look after you from tomorrow onwards. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Jennyfire wrote:
We are there now and it is great, everything running smoothly. Which is amazing with two little ones. Gorgeous weather and plenty of snow certainly helping. Thank for asking!!

Great news
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy