Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots for small feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

So I've just returned from skiing and for the first time ever, found my hired ski boots to be comfortable rather than the "this-is-the-worst-thing-that's-ever-happened-to-my-feet" feeling that I've become used to.

It turns out I was given junior boots - Salomon T3s, as my feet were too small for the adult boots they had (feel free to laugh ) Blush

I'm quite small, 5"1 and about 53kg, size 2.5 UK feet, intermediate skier though closer to beginner than advanced (competent on all blues but immediately lose any skill whatsoever on steep reds ) Embarassed I only ski once a year, unfortunately.

I'm keen to (a) improve and (b) get appropriate boots that will help me achieve that. I'd originally thought I could get junior boots as they are v cheaper, but having read some threads sounds like I'm better off getting either small ladies boots or junior racing boots rather than t3s (which I did find could be more responsive and would sometimes "catch" when just travelling straight at speed... Could just be my crapness ofc)? I wasn't intending on spending very much but could go up to 400 if it really will make a huge difference. Any help appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help at all on the specific boot (you need to go to a good boot fitter like CEM), but my feet are size 3.5 (mondo 22.5) and I have youth boots, so I would agree they can work really well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Lawlie, we would never suggest using a childs boot like the T3 for an adult, a Junior/youths boot (different from a childs boot) is perfectly acceptable, as these are essentially the same as the adult boot in softer flex

as for UK2.5 it depends on the actual foot size (as UK sizes are a bit random) but at that size things get very limited...22/22.5 is about the smallest commonly available boot out there, Lange and dalbello (not sure if this particular dalbello boot in this size is available anywhere except the USA) make a boot in 21.5, the Lange one is their Youth race boot and available in 90 and 110 flex, it can be softened a bit if required but at 53kg the 90 should be fine with minimal work in terms of flex... it really depends on the shape of the foot if this boot is going to work for you , but for the most part it can be adjusted like any boot to accommodate the foot

biggest issue is getting hold of them, currently i have 1 pair of the 110 flex available in stock, lange have no 90 or 110 available until about August, so if you are looking to do this you really need to get measured, shell checked and then pre order a pair ASAP
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @CEM! Do you think my budget would work? I live in London so Bicester is relatively handy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Lawlie, the 110 flex is £300, the 90 flex is about £270 ish (don't have the price list handy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Lawlie, I have small feet, 2.5 to 3 and @CEM, sorted me out a few years ago, mine are Salomon and he also recommended Zipfits to give me a closer fit - they have been brilliant. Probably had them 4 if not 5 years now and we ski somewhere around 70-90 days a year. Its well worth the trip to Bicester to see him.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy