Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bar at Geneva Airport whilst waiting for a flight arrival

Poster: A snowHead
Good morning, due to a flight schedule change a group of us will have a couple of hours to wait at Geneva Airport, whilst the last of our group arrive on a different flight.

Could anyone familiar with the airport advise if there are any bars / cafes in the area, having come through the arrival doors? Is there anything down towards the Rail station / Migros supermarket perhaps?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, there's a café place down out of the airport doors, at the "street end" of the shopping area. Also several bars in arrivals (turn right - name escapes me because it's so expensive I never go near it). There's also a small bar where you can sit looking at the folk coming in from the baggage hall (turn immediately left). I do sometimes splash out on a coffee there - but I'm almost always driving so don't drink alcohol at the airport.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your quick response.... very much appreciated !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montreux Jazz Café is where the EoSB lot congregate.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Montreux Jazz Café

yes, that's the one whose name escaped me. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
is that cafe, after having exited through arrival doors (if you know what i mean) ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bowbells, immediately exited arrivals doors, Montreux JC to your right, proper sit down, etc. The Hub (or something) to your left, just a little bar. Further along to left Swiss House more of a restaurant. Pizzeria in station.

Burger King, Pret, and anothe bar on departures floor.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats great, thank you very much
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bowbells, There is a very nice little cafe next to the car hire on the French side - French not Swiss prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bowbells, thre's probably.a website fir the airport on the interpipes with a map of facilities. The
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bowbells, Altitude. Upstairs from the departures and check in levels. Nice views over the runway and to the jura mts.
Quieter than the others.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Map of the airport floors http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-30/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DallyPaul, "altitude" that's the cheap one right?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bowbells, Is it this Saturday you have time to kill?

If so the bar on the level of security (floor above checkin, far L end as you stand looking at security) can usually be relied on to show 6 nations rugby (with French commentary). I've watched quite a few games there either waiting for others to arrive or killing time before flights board.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bowbells, be aware that, on the Swiss side, you can pay in Euros, but you'll get change in CH francs.
ski holidays
Quote:

you'll get change in CH francs.

and at a fairly rubbish exchange rate
latest report
Am I right in thinking that, if you have a just-arrived-flight-ticket, you can pop into Geneva centre free of charge on the train??
snow report
You can indeed, you collect a ticket from the baggage hall, and hop on the train.
ski holidays
Can you? Are there restrictions or anything or just a free ride in?
ski holidays
@mountainaddict,
We tried that last year and the train guard's mouth fell open as I tried to explain (in my best French..) that I thought the train to Geneva was free of charge.

We were hastily pointed in the direction of the ticket office! Sad
latest report
It lasts 80 minutes:

http://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/publications/publications_informative/transports-gratuits_EN.pdf
latest report
@mountainaddict,
We tried that last year and the train guard's mouth fell open as I tried to explain (in my best French..) that I thought the train to Geneva was free of charge.

We were hastily pointed in the direction of the ticket office! Sad
snow report
@Bergmeister, it is, but you do have to pick up a ticket at the exit from baggage reclaim.
snow report
Yes, pick up the ticket from the machine before you pass through the customs exit otherwise you have to pay
snow conditions
Vindicated! Cheers! I was sure I'd seen a sign in arrivals saying you can travel into Geneva free of charge on the train.
latest report
That link seems to also suggest that you can get a free transport card for the duration of the stay as well? Almost seems to good to be true?
latest report
@ish303, if you are staying in a hotel, etc., yes indeed.
latest report
@Bergmeister, train to Geneva from the airport is free of charge indeed, but you need to get a free ticket at arrivals - there is a machine next to customs. The ticket will have a time stamp and will be valid for 80 minutes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When we landed in Geneva, we got a free travel tickets from the baggage hall, just a machine with a push button. (I believe this is valid on all public transport except taxis) It was valid for a limited period of time. We boarded the train to Cornavin (Geneva's main train station) At our hotel in Geneva, by the station, we were given a free pass to use on all public transport which I believe was valid for 24 hours.

On other overnight stays in Geneva we have also been given free public transport passes by our hotel. Very Happy
ski holidays
On a side note Uber have just started up in Geneva, and they are a bit cheaper than the licensed bandits that are the standard Geneva taxis, although I have heard a rumour that the latter have dropped their prices a bit as a result.

I also have a 10chf discount code for new Uber users if anyone is interested (and in the interests of playing it straight here I get some credit too for anyone who uses the code)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy