Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Santa Caterina Valfurva - Valtellina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Santa Caterina Valfurva at the Hotel Vedig next week for a few days, there is very little information on here about Santa Caterina and the surrounding area (except Livigno).

So I'm wondering, is there anyone on here who has some experience of SC or the rest of the area i.e. Bormio, Valdidentro etc.
Looking for info on:

- Best Pistes
- Best Restaurants
- Best Ski hire shop
- Best things to do aside from skiing in the area (spas, museums and shopping etc)

We will have a car and will be there from 24th -28th we are staying the first night at Colico Piano on the shore of Como.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I learnt to ski there, but as that was 20 years ago now I can't really help Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spent a week in Bormio for most of the last ~5 years and done a few days in S.Caterina. Front of S.Cat is nice open skiing with plenty of runs for all standards and a fair selection of good cheap eateries. Over the back the skiing feels more remote and the snow is usually better - but we found the restaurant their very unfriendly, they only seemed interested if you wanted an expensive and long table-service meal and if you just wanted something quick then they were very surly.

Bormio is a *much* bigger resort, and is full of long red-runs - hardly any blues and only one black. Run off the top all the way down to town can be great - but the bottom part can be very firm early in the day and soft later. The are two "free ride" areas off the top. Regular busses between Bormio and S.Cat and over to Livigno. Prices in Bormio can be very cheap, but there a plenty of luxury places too. Our normal lunchtime stop is Rhododendrons, signposted off the main run back to Bormio 2000, around €8 for pasta dish + drink, or Rocca opposite - more trendy and sometimes loud music.

Bormio is a spa town: Bagni Vecchi is the old one (supposedly from roman times), Bagni Nuovi the "new" one (1836!), whilst Bormio Terme is in the town centre. All the brochures say to take a day off skiing and visit them, but we've never done so - entrance is not cheap so not the sort of place you'd just go for an hour or so in evening.

During the week it is usually very quiet, but lots of Italians come up for the weekend when it can be busy with queues (<5 mins) for the main chairs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy