Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

austrian car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi..

hiring car in Salzburg from thrifty, checked and claims full winterisation inc snowchains. anyone use them before and can confirm this.
just want to make sure I'm not fannying about at desk.

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mugen, not had snow chains as standard IIRC. I would email the rental company direct and ask
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I'm looking at renting a car in June from Salzburg. Megadrive come out cheapest - but I have seen some negative reviews on trip advisor about minor damage (eg stone chips) being charged massively.

Has anyone had experience of them?

I have separate annual excess cover that I take out. Should I not be worried by Megadrive because of this?

Just need some reassurance folks!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@zellmaniac, just photograph all the bumps, scratches and any other superficial damage you can see, then make sure it is listed on the collection acceptance form. Switch on the date function of your camera as well. Then make sure you have enough time on the return to do the same and that the employee doing the return acceptance signs the form as confirmation that the car was returned in a condition no worse than that when it was issued to you. I started doing this after Europcar in South Africa tried to get me to pay nearly 4000 Rand for damage that did not exist and for a half full tank. We had photographed everything and were able to prove using a photograph of the receipt and the odometer that had a date and time stamp that this was unwarranted. We had filled the tanl at the BP garage right opposite the Cape Town Airport rentals return area!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@zellmaniac, never had a problem with megadrive at Salzburg as sue says ...photos. also as you have annual excess cover don't worry about it..I claimed (not megadrive) even though I knew the damage was not caused by me, eventually the car hire refunded me and I repaid the insurance claim
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your responses - isn't Snowheads wonderful? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy