Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpe d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from austria on saturday and had been paid whilst away so booked up for alpe d'huez on 14th march staying in catered chalet with crystal with three mates aged 33-49

I am a frequent moaner of prices in france and wondered if ADH is the usual 8-9 euro pint or if there are any hidden gems out there. Like a bit of apres and know it is much milder than austria but any suggestions on drinking dens appreciated. Two mates also need ski and boot hire and not booked passes yet as crystal charge nearly 30 pounds more than they seem to cost in resort.

Off to watch more you tube tunnel vids to see if i am going to give it a go or not

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For lunch we ate most days in beausoleil (very close to the bottom of the main lifts)

Always got a nice and cheap plate of calories wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When you say cheap how does that compare with four big bowls of spag bol, large beer and 3 cokes for 40 euros which were prices in ski welt
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smithy's, Sphere, Etalon, Rendezvous. If you insist on eating lunch as well as your huge breakfast, afternoon cake and three course dinner, then Beausoleil, Mac Renard, café in the swimming pool.

I have no idea how much a pint of beer costs, but Rendezvous were doing three Desperados for a tenner last season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Normally just have cereal bars in rucksack during day. 3 desperados for a tenner will do for me though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mikeelsa wrote:
When you say cheap how does that compare with four big bowls of spag bol, large beer and 3 cokes for 40 euros which were prices in ski welt

I think, but a bit wooly on the matter.

Burger and fries, shared between, and 2 large beers was no more than 20 euros

We wouldn't have Gone back if it was extortionate.

(If I remember, I will update the thread as we are back there on the 7th)

And also the swimming pool cafe is cheap as well as being well frequented with locals.

Can anyone list off any cheap(ish) bars to go 5-7pm?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I came back a fortnight back, a pint averaged about €5-€6.50 which i didn't think was bad for a french resort. I was also pleasantly suprised by the price of food on the slopes, with a couple of exceptions it was pretty simple to find some reasonably priced snacks and drinks even in prime positions.

Which Chalet are you stopping in?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't forget to visit La Folie Douce!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Don't forget to visit La Folie Douce!!

For some reason we never made it last year.

I remember bring given a flyer by a rep.

But I don't know why?

Do you have to pay to get n?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's no entry fee just have a drink or 2, we went a couple of days. It was good entertainment if you like that sort of thing snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Staying at the chalet josef pere 1 which is beside an escalator that takes you to bucket lift
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I stayed just a couple of doors down from there. The bucket lifts are slow, unreliable and a general pain in the backside. Dependant on where you're heading in the morning, rather than automatically jumping in them there is a chair about 50 yards up the road from you (just as close as the buckets ) which takes you straight over to the bottom of Marmottes 1. Not the fastest but still preferable to the buckets. You can then either ski back under the buckets or we preferred to ski the village run back down to Huez and catch the little cable car back up which brings you out at the top of your road by the chairlift.

There is a little red run called Huez which starts at the side of the chair / cable car mentioned above. Both the Huez and Village runs are almost deserted and great fun for a first or last run of the day ending up back at your chalet
snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers for the info.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy