Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid Panorama

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arghhhh. I got a call today from the agent we booked our Andorra trip through. It turns out that the hotel that we booked and paid for only has double rooms, which is a problem since we're a pair of blokes Smile So they're proposing to move us from this hotel to another one that does have double rooms, but doesn't have the sauna/steam room access that we would have had previously. It's also rated 2*+ rather than 3*. Not very happy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magriggs, The 3* hotel you have paid for only has double rooms....it is proposed to move you to a 2* hotel that also has double rooms.....are we missing something here?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bernard Condon wrote:
magriggs, The 3* hotel you have paid for only has double rooms....it is proposed to move you to a 2* hotel that also has double rooms.....are we missing something here?

Sorry, my mistake, a 2* hotel that has TWIN rooms Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
magriggs, I did a holiday with my father a year ago in Bulgaria - took 5 rooms before they showed us one with twin beds rather than a double.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magriggs,

This isn't the worst...... but if you can't live in a double...you should get a price breal on the other hotel...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try ringing the hotel and double checking...sometimes it's just to TO hasn't BOOKED any twins rooms - you would then know whether they were being 'flexible with the truth' and whether there is any point insisting on your chosen hotel.

TBH if you booked a twin room I'd be inclined to insist on a room each and see what they say...at the very least it should be a free UPGRADE not a downgrade (there are deifnately 3* and 4* hotels in andorra with twin rooms!)

aj xx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magriggs, Take plenty of KY Jelly and think of England Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This kind of thing happens with tour operators all the time. They simply don't take the same kind of care you would if you were handling the booking direct with the hotel yourself (and I suggest you try doing so in future). Half of them wouldn't know the difference between a twin and a double anyway. My advice would be to have a pleasant, friendly, reasonable approach tainted with a demanding, never-going-to-go-away-til-your-completely-satisfied message. Make sure you tell them exactly what you want in order to sort the shambles out. Set them a deadline to have it sorted. It's DIY or KY in future whatever you prefer... Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magriggs, Sorry if that came across in a negative fashion! Smile

If you booked & paid for a twin room then it isn't your fault! ajhainey, & JohnHill, have the correct approach. Don't ask the tour operator - tell the tour operator you have booked & paid for a twin room & if they can't provide it, then they have to provide you with two 3* rooms, or they put two single beds in a double room. Not your problem - their problem. Otherwise, summon the support of your local Trading Standards and sock it to the 'Persons of Dubious Parentage'.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CP, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magriggs, just share the double room with your mate - have you seen the forecast for Andorra - its going to get cold !!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CP wrote:
magriggs, Take plenty of KY Jelly and think of England Toofy Grin

My sentiments exactly!!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Mason wrote:
magriggs, just share the double room with your mate - have you seen the forecast for Andorra - its going to get cold !!

I think I'll just take an extra pair of gloves, but thanks for thinking of us Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy