Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Sure- Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Any one else skied Morzine recently? I loved it but I find that due to it being so low it needs constant snow otherwise goes very patchy at the bottom, don't want to risk booking it over New Year in case no snow has fallen yet, Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't ski at the bottom?

New Year is always a risk. But going higher doesn't necessarily help viewed through the lens of a single week of a season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, the majority of hotels lie in the bottom so I don't really fancy having to take the ski's off and walk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can you not download in a lift? I'd generally expect to take the skis off and walk at the end of the day, and at least in Morzine you find yourself in a proper busy town with lots going on. But yes, just about everywhere is a risk, snow-wise at New Year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, Im sure you can but ski to door is what we always look for which Morzine usually is when theres goof snow, its just hard that its one of the most expensive times of the year yet no guarantee to snow?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski to the top of the Pleney and take the bubble down ? Did that a few times this year and it's a great way to enjoy the view and watch the late afternoon carnage on the pleney slope Smile

We've just come back from 3 days there and loved it - bluebird skies and great snow. I'm considering an Xmas break there but am also worried about the snow so are considering higher resorts especially as i'd want to fly out on Boxing Day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GO1996, if you're keen on Morzine (which - apart from your concern about lack of early snow to the base of the resort - you seem to be) why not look at Avoriaz?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Vessigaud, @Montana, yeah it does get busy on there! And avoriaz is a good idea we do like it up there too, spoilt for choice with good resorts in the area haha Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well if ski to the door is critically important for you, I guess you should go somewhere else! You asked the question in your OP but I'm sure you know the answer, actually.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, there are plenty of ski to door available in morzine permitting the right conditions, and I don't know as my only visit to Morzine was feb half term and if you can read I said i'm going over New Year, actually.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After the situation this NY I personally would not book Morzine. I like the skiing and the town but its too risky. I have been once at NY and loved it but I would not gamble thousands on it. Up up and up from now on at NY.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mike-H, was the snow not great this time then even after the massive downpour on 27th December?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

if you can read I said i'm going over New Year, actually.

Puzzled yes, I can read, which is why my earlier post noted that nearly everywhere was a snow risk at New Year. If ski to the door is vital for you, Morzine is not the right choice (probably at any time of the year but certainly so early in the season). You need to be staying nearer 1500m to be reasonably sure. Or near a glacier to be 100% sure (though when only the glaciers have snow to offer you are better off reading a good book).

Personally I'd rather download in a lift to somewhere I enjoy staying than be sure of skiing back to some place up on a bleak mountainside - depends on your priorities.

The snow at new year did fall to low altitude but because the situation had been so very dire before it didn't put everything right. And it wasn't a massive fall - around 30cms in most places, and often onto grass. It only cause so much chaos because it was such a busy transfer day and because so many people failed to heed the very clear forecasts and/or were poorly equipped for the conditions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@GO1996, I go most years at NY. Only been Les Gets/Morzine once at NY. It was great as there was a big dump before we flew out. However, future NY bookings will all be at higher resorts.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FYI we were at La Rosiere NY just gone. Resort is at 1850 and was OK if not brilliant.
snow report
I'm with pam-w, if ski to the door is your priority then Morzine at NY is not for you, regardless of how much you want to ignore the advice of pam and others!!
snow conditions
@GO1996, I cancelled this year's ski hols to Morzine due to grass only pistes.

had I gone last year or the year before the snow was brill
snow report
i saw the title and immediately thought that snow sure and Morzine are not to things which are typically mentioned in the same sentence, certainly not at village level.
ski holidays
Quote:

we were at La Rosiere NY just gone. Resort is at 1850 and was OK if not brilliant

Les Saisies had excellent snow at new year and most pistes open. I was mostly in the cross country area (which was superb) as I don't do lift queues, but friends told me the alpine pistes, whilst crowded, were in good nick.

In our area new year snow was about average, I'd say - whereas Christmas had been awful.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy