Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel Friday 13th - you couldn't make this up

Poster: A snowHead
You have to love the civil servant who dreamt this up:

Quote:
Important information for customers travelling via our Folkestone Terminal on 13th February 2015

The British government will introduce Exit Checks at all ports and airports from April 2015. Trials will take place on our Folkestone terminal on the 13th February; in order to speed up your journey through our terminal, if travelling that day, please ensure that you have passports or ID cards to hand at all times.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/latest/

Now when I run implementation pilots, we engineer in a whole load of fat into the resource plan, then model the pilot outcomes back to the minimal operationally acceptable resource to maintain service once we deliver into live. Who want's to take bets on how UKBorders Agency chooses to run this? rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the other side of the argument as this is likely to be a very busy (perhaps the busiest) time it's also a good way to stress the system at its peak.

I am sure that they will

A. Have plenty of staff on to cope
B. Have a plan in place to cancel all checks if the queue becomes an issue.
C. Neither of the above.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NoDosh, just seen this tweeted from Eurotunnel - I'm sure it will be as efficient as the checks coming back are!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm just glad that this is expected to be our last half term holiday. From next year we get to go when it suits us instead Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NoDosh, We're booked on a 7.30 train .. got all of our passports at the ready ... what could possibly go wrong?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Laughing Laughing That's the spirit Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

what could possibly go wrong?

Well based on the last few weeks:

Snow
Immigrants in tunnel
Fire
Electrical fault
Broken down train
Coach hits train boarding
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, I saw this too and it did make me wonder.

it sounds to me like a civil servant with a sense of humour chose the date. I know, let's do it on Friday the 13th....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't forget the Ebola. And zombies.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok @Boris, but besides that?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bpirkle, I think @NoDosh, nailed it - look out for the zombies
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

look out for the zombies

On a more serious note. How do we tell the difference between the UK borders agency and the zombies?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Zombies will be more animated Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad I am already here then Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Evil or Very Mad NehNeh
ski holidays
tarrantd wrote:
The Zombies will be more animated Laughing Laughing

Very very true. I'm sure they go on a course on how to look miserable before they're allowed to start
snow conditions
They were doing this on Good Friday last year.
ski holidays
I had this email too - was hoping this year doing Friday morning (rather than Sat morning) that it may be a little less chaotic, however - I now suspect to queue for ages as usual.
ski holidays
On the 7.20 having booked for 7.36 ... Got swabbed but no delay for passport checks .. So far so good
latest report
we were swabbed on the way out last month, but it was just 3 days after the Charlie Hebdo attack.
latest report
Booked for 1450
On board 1420
However boards now showing 30 min delays and I reckon the train we were meant to board has just broken down
May get interesting later!!
snow report
LeShuttle: We are currently running with a 30 min wait, we anticipate this to reduce with an extra departure at 14.14.^SC
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, I usually get swabbed. Next travelling on Good Friday, but no time pressures
latest report
"It sounds to me like a civil servant with a sense of humour chose the date. I know, let's do it on Friday the 13th...."

Don't disparage all civil servants. They do exist with a sense of humour. Back in the days when Hong Kong was being planned by the British and our town planners were in charge they came up with the following superb choice of location for the YWCA (Young Women's Christian Association Hostel):-

Anne Black Guest House (YWCA), No.5 Man Fuk Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294217-d456247-Reviews-Anne_Black_Guest_House_YWCA-Hong_Kong.html

Brilliant!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Well if I had taken my own bet on how that would work I would have lost. No additional checks carried out and only 10min delay departing at 0950. Now sat just south of Dijon considering dinner.
ski holidays
Nothing happened on the 08.05. Typical say one thing and do another.
snow conditions
Would an Exit check only happen on incoming passengers exiting into this country. Surely not many coming into England today.
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, they do that in Calais. Nowhere to check anyone when you leave the train at Folkestone, you are straight onto the M20.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the Exit checks are aimed at catching people fleeing the country who are wanted for crimes. If I'd just killed someone tunnel would be my route out previously as never has passport checked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy