Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

shopping near Alpbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Where can i go shopping for the day out when in Alpbach if weather is not so good , was wondering about Innsbruck does it have a decent amount of shops? or where else would be ok want no more than 1 and half hours

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The nearest place is Wörgl but it is not very pretty to be honest but does have some good shopping centres. A trip to Kufstein could take in shopping and the Festung (medieval fortress dominating the town and valley) which is well worth a visit for the views if nothing else.

Getting to Innsbruck may take more coordination in terms of public transport as you would have to get the bus down to Wörgl or Strass where you can pick up a direct train. If you have your own transport then you are obviously open to go wherever you like, but Innsbruck is not easy to get around if you are not sure where to go or park.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bellfi, it may be that there are trips organised from Alpbach to Innsbruck - I seem to recall when we used to stay in Niederau that Franzl who ran the taxis had notices in the window advertising day trips of this type. We always had our car with us so not necessary and we occasionally went to Kufstein and popped down to Worgl in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that i will maybe try Worgl
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bellfi, What kind of shops are you looking for? High street kind of shops? Tourist shops? Are you looking for something specific?
If I want something specific and I know I'll be able to find it in Wörgl I'll go there but if I want to go for a wander and a mooch then I'll go to Innsbruck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bellfi, Worgl's a bit of a hole - try to get to Innsbruck if you can. Or even Kufstein
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
to get to Innsbruck by public transport, you take the Postbus from the village to Brixlegg, then train direct. Bus takes about 20 mins, train about 40. Cheap fares too. Drop in to the tourist office in Alpbach and they will give you connection times. Worgl has lots of shops (plus swimming complex, indoor climbing centre and bowling alley), but is not a "day out shopping" type of place.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy