Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers or car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to les gets 20 March for a long weekend skiing, we are 4 adults we can get transfers or hire a car I don,t mind driving abroad, prices will be similar, any recomadatios for either pros ,cons, also transfer companies or car hire Little Angel thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are quite a few transfer companies that come to Les Gets, off the top of my head, Alpybus, Skilifts/Getaway, Skiidy Gonzales - google them and they will pop up. One of our sons used Alpybus with a shared transfer on Friday to come here for the weekend and that worked ok - he got lots of communication from them before each trip and a very competitive price. Other members of family came Friday evening using Skilifts - and a private transfer as two small people amongst the six of them, very efficient and as they were six apparently the price was not much more than a shared transfer. Neighbours were using Skiidy last night and I saw the van turn up on time.

The last few days we have had a huge amount of snow in Les Gets and depending on where you were going it may have made for a tricky diy drive - certainly many cars around with chains on but if you hire on the Swiss side then you should be getting winter tyres in any case and also chains.

But March is another month away - yes we all hope for more and more snow but by then you will probably be fine driving. Personally we always opt for having a car wherever we are - and our kids were fine last weekend as we had our car - not that it went anywhere the whole time. We like the flexibility of being able to drive elsewhere but for a long weekend you will probably be ok with a transfer, buses and skiing to Morzine if you wish to go to Avoriaz via Super Morzine. Also would depend on whether you were bringing skis or not - ski racks needed on a hire car - you will get a cheaper deal hiring a car on the French side but less hassle to hire on the Swiss side.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always like to have a car in resort for Morzine and Les Gets. If the snow isn't particularly good on the Les Gets side I find it easier to drive down to Lindaret than faff about on icy pistes getting over to some decent skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For portes du soleil I think transfers work better than car hire. They are generally cheaper for a transfer that short. If you are going further than PdS I find car hire is the best value.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skim wrote:
I always like to have a car in resort for Morzine and Les Gets. If the snow isn't particularly good on the Les Gets side I find it easier to drive down to Lindaret than faff about on icy pistes getting over to some decent skiing.
If there's not much in it, pricewise, I agree that having a car in Les Gets gives you more options for where you ski. Easy drive from Les Gets to Ardent, with free parking and quick access to Avoriaz, Chatel, etc.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Transfers (say £200) probably slightly cheaper but convenience of car (say £250 including winterisation, insurance, fuel) would probably edge it for me. With 4 no need for ski racks, fold one seat and skis go in the back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One other point to consider is whether you are self catering or not. If you are then stocking up at a supermarket before you head up the mountain will save you quite a bit in my experience. Obviously you can only do this if you have a car.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy