Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix or Engelberg for a 2 Night Solo Trip Next Week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
The wife is staying at home and I have a chance to take a quick ski trip next Wed to Fri (Feb 11-13). The plan would be to get an early flight on Wed and ski the afternoon, and ski most of the day on Fri before flying back. On Thursday I might just hire a guide and do some touring or off piste.
With the flight timings and prices, I've narrowed it down to flying into Geneva or Zurich. I want to hit a resort that is more challenging and wouldn't necessarily go to with the family. (Somewhere not crowded would be good too, but given it'll be midweek and not yet holidays I'm assuming most places will be ok in that regard.) And obviously, being under 1.5 hours from the airport is important, so it looks like Engelberg and Chamonix are the two best choices.
I'll try to wait as long as possible to book to see what the weather will be doing, but if that's equal, what do people recommend? If there's no big dumps next week, and I do a day of touring, where will I have the better chance of getting some leftover powder?

Thanks a lot,
Marc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As you say, they are the two obvious options and for good reasons. That said, they attract many powder hounds and probably get skied out faster than anywhere else. Still if you are going to skin you should be able to find leftovers at either. I think Chamonix has had the bigger snowfall in this dump (?) so that might be the decider.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Engelberg, if you haven't been, worth going
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy